Search for content in message boards

Children of John Morgan Derick-

Children of John Morgan Derick-

sdholland (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2005 8:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Am in search of children of John Morgan Derick who is given on the Arkansas Census 1930 with wife Alice. Children
Bertha (Berthu), Mertie, George and Dean. Does anyone know these children and would they like to find out about their family. Thanks for a reply

Re: Children of John Morgan Derick-

THERESA CLEMENTS (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2007 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: DERRICK
Hi, that was my great grandfather on my grandmother's side.
Her name was Mary Elizabeth Derrick Reeves (born 2/6/1900 died 6/1/1997 in Stamps Ark.) They lived most of their lives in and around Columbia County Arkansas. I have the other brothers and sisters and some of their children on my other disk at home. The Derrick reunion is May 5, 2007 in Village Ark. You are more then welcome. They have one ever year in May. It is close to the old home site. I will be happy to get you the infor I have and send it to you. Theresa

sdholland (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2007 11:42AM GMT
Hello: Thanks for this reply. I have searched for children of this family for years.

Do you know about the family of John Morgan Derrick? I descend from William Derrick who is the brother of John G Derrick who is the father of John Morgan Derrick. We live in GA.

Would like very much to talk with you and see what I might learn about the family.

For some reason John Morgan decided to go to Ark. before his
father died. John M married in Ark. 1890 and his father died 1891. I think there must have been some connection between the Derick/Derrick families in Ark. and the Derick/Derrick family in GA. John G Derrick, f/o John Morgan Derrick, is buried with his mother and two brothers in Union Christian Cemetery Union Rd., S Fulton Cty., GA. Am anxious to hear from you.

Please let me know what you are interested on the family of John Morgan Derrick and his parents. This is so exciting.
Shirley

sdholland (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2007 12:29PM GMT
Teresa: Thanks for the ivite to the reunion-will be unable to attend. Fell in March and broke my right elbow-using mostly left hand/arm. I will be glad to send you info on the family that John Morgan Derick/Derrick left behind if you would like for the reunion. This might be very interesting for all

Posted: 18 Apr 2007 2:14AM GMT
Shirley, thanks for the rely I would like to know as much about John Morgan Derrick Sr. as you can send to me. I have just started on the Derrick side of the family this past year. As I said my Grandmother, Mary Elizabeth(Lizzie) Derrick (Baker) Reeves born 2/6/1900 - died 6/1/1997. They said she looked alots like Mrs. Derrick.
I can not get to the infor you want now. It is on my other PC and I have not put it on my lap top yet. I have all of Maw's bro and sisters and families on it. By the time I get in from work my niece is on the pc and it is in her room. Hubbard Franklin Reeves and Lizzie had seven children. Bentiley J. my father m Ivy Lela Reeves (no relation), Lavainia m several times the last time Ray Lacas, Denvil Marcel m several times the last time Beverly Crumpler, Dorothy m T F Patton, Shirley Jean m Derrall Gregory, Laquata Ray m Roland Walters. The last three are still alive. I missed one Martha m Orrvila Garrett, she was the fourth and the first to died from a brain turmor.
I think Dean was the first to died of the sisters. She stepped on a rusted nail and got lock jaw. So I was told.
Oh, yes I was told my gm's Derricks was from Macon, Ga.
Got to run now.
Thanks again. Theresa Clements
P.S. Sorry about your arm.

sdholland (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2007 2:57PM GMT
Please email me at
sdholland@mindspring.com and give me your email. Have info ready to send. Shirley

sdholland (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2007 11:15AM GMT
Teresa: I am sorry to have been so long in writing again. Fell and crushed my right elbow and recovery is coming along great. Have you been able to find the information on your family to send.

Although I grew up around the my Derrick family questions were never asked and now I am so sorry. Did know they came from SC and that was about it. Knew that I was related to the Cash, Redwine and other families but not how. This had been a long journey for me even tho I knew all of my g grandfather, William Derrick, family. We all went to church and school with each other. Never asked questions or got into this until grown..

John Morgan Derrick is the youngest child of John G Derick/Derrick and Mary Hensey. There were two others, William L b 1861 and Martha b 1863. What happened to them I do not have a clue. Although John G lived in Hampton, Henry Cty., GA he is buried in S Fulton County along with his mother Catherine,bros William and Wallace at Union Christian Church, Union Rd., S Fulton County, GA. Have been trying to find out why John Morgan went to Arkansas. Did his brother William go? Unable to find out. Do you have any clues?

Thanks for the 1st reply and looking forwad to many others. sdholland@mindspring.com

sdholland (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2007 11:15AM GMT
Teresa: I am sorry to have been so long in writing again. Fell and crushed my right elbow and recovery is coming along great. Have you been able to find the information on your family to send.

Although I grew up around the my Derrick family questions were never asked and now I am so sorry. Did know they came from SC and that was about it. Knew that I was related to the Cash, Redwine and other families but not how. This had been a long journey for me even tho I knew all of my g grandfather, William Derrick, family. We all went to church and school with each other. Never asked questions or got into this until grown..

John Morgan Derrick is the youngest child of John G Derick/Derrick and Mary Hensey. There were two others, William L b 1861 and Martha b 1863. What happened to them I do not have a clue. Although John G lived in Hampton, Henry Cty., GA he is buried in S Fulton County along with his mother Catherine,bros William and Wallace at Union Christian Church, Union Rd., S Fulton County, GA. Have been trying to find out why John Morgan went to Arkansas. Did his brother William go? Unable to find out. Do you have any clues?

Thanks for the 1st reply and looking forwad to many others. sdholland@mindspring.com

Posted: 19 May 2007 1:49AM GMT
I'M SORRY FOR NOT GETTING BACK TO YOU. I HAVE BEEN UNDER THE WEATHER LATELY. ALL OF JOHN CHILDREN ARE DEAD. I WENT TO THE DERRICK REUNION WEEK-END BEFORE LAST. THERE WAS NOT MANY THERE. AUNT SUSIE HAD TWO SONS THER. ERNEST 84 AND JOHN EDWARD DERRICK. JOHN EDWARD HAS AN EMAIL ADDRESS: FRANCEDE@BAYLORHEATH.EDU. HE LIVES IN WILLS POINT, TX. HE COULD PROBABLY ANS MORE OF YOUR QUESTIONS.
THERE WAS A UNCLE CHARLIE.
MAW'S (LIZZIE DERRICK) CHILDREN WERE BENTLEY J. REEVES-M- LELA REEVES (NOT REL.) CHILDREN THERESA ANN, JERRY WAYNE, PAULA DENSIE REEVES.
DENVILL MARCELL-M- BEVERLY CRUMPLER CHILDREN BUTCH ( DENVILL JR) STEVE, JOANN, BILLY JOE, RANDY, CHARLES ALEC.
LAVINIA-M- RAY LACAS NO CHILDREN. DOROTHY-M- PETE PATTON,
CHILDREN TOMMY, LINDA KAY, DELOIS GALE, RONALD GENE .
SHIRLEY JEAN -M- GERRALL GREGORY NO CHILDREN. LAQUATA RAY -M-ROLAND WALTERS: CHILDREN CREDIC AND CHRIS.
SEE IF JOHN EDWARD CAN HELP. I KNOW ALL THE CHILDREN ARE DEAD ONLY COUSINS ARE LEFT. DOROTHY PATTON, SHIRLEY GREGORY AND LAQUATA WALTERS ARE THE ONLY CHILDREN LEFT ON LIZZIE'S SIDE. AS SOON AS I GET TO FEELING BETTER I WIL DIG DEEPER IN TO MY FILES AND GET BACK TO YOU.
THERESA PS LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET THIS.

sdholland (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2007 1:05PM GMT
Teresa I did receive your last email. Have emailed John and awaiting his reply. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. Pray for a quick recovery. Do you have an address for me to write to John or even a telephone #. I would call him if it would be alright. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions