Search for content in message boards

Cherokee Indian Garners

Cherokee Indian Garners

tdj1911 (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2004 6:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jan 2004 7:00PM GMT
My ggrandfather William P. Garner was said to have been full-blooded Cherokee Indian. He married an Amanda "Mandy" Pinder in 1900 in Louisiana. William's father was Daniel Garner born in Mississippi & he married Edith Odom. Daniel's father was Alfred Garner born in Georgia abt 1818. Alfred's father was Stephen Jefferson Garner born abt 1793 in NC I believe.
Can anyone verify this? or help in making connections to the Garner Family?
My e-mail is barkerfam5@earthlink.net

Re: Cherokee Indian Garners

hikeeba67 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 5:13AM GMT
I too am looking for a link to Cherokee Indian Garners. My Grandmother was Sarah E Garner Gamble Johnson born in Limrock Alabama in March 3, 1891 daughter of William Henry Garner born in Alabama in 1871married to Francis (Fannie) Partin born in 1868 William's father was John born in 1854 and his mother was Elizabeth born in 1850. I was told she too was a full blooded Cherokee Indian if you saw her you would believe it.

80Latha62 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2005 12:12AM GMT
Surnames: GARNER
Well, I too am looking for Garners out of the Alabama (Madison Co) area. My father is Sam Garner Jr born 1926, which also includes brothers - (all deceased) Ervin, Jesse, Willie, Charlie, James, and a deceased sister name Earline. Their father was Sam Garner Sr (dob-unsure) and their mother was full blooded Indiana - Mary Rodgers who died at an early age (dob-unsure), somewhere @ my father's 7th or 8th birthday. I'm looking for leads on Sam Sr's parents, siblings, etc. Thanks a bunch in advance for any information possible.

80Latha62 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2005 12:15AM GMT
Sorry, Make that full blooded indian (cherokee).

Eddylynn (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2008 7:41PM GMT
Hello,my name is Allan Garner from Grayson County,Texas. My grandfather was Samuel Anderson Garner born in Alabama in 1854. I was just wondering if there are any connections here?

pntroutz (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2008 5:42AM GMT
Hello Allan,

I have come to a dead-end on my wife's family of Garners. Her Great Grandfather was Enoch Ruben Garner, with a brother named Richard Newton Garner. They were born in 1868 and 1875 and I've tracked them both to Fackler, Jackson county Alabama.

Richard appears to have spent almost his entire life in Alabama, but Enoch moved around quite a bit. Enoch lived for a while in Grayson County TX, where some of his kids were born. I have good census records, pictures, letters....all kinds of stuff on these two but no record of their parents.

I'd be interested to know more about your family if you want to share. The names/generations that lead from you in TX back to your ancestors in 1850's Alabama. Or you can just check my tree out and see what you think. Garner-Beard family tree is the name.

Paul L. Troutz

Eddylynn (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2008 5:52PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I simply went to Samuel A. Garner born in Alabama and found the tree that lead all the way back into the 1600's. He was my fathers father. Thanks again I will do a bit of research on your Garners side--can't ever tell.

ag@raytheon.com

LaVonDavid (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2008 1:40PM GMT
We keep writing,hoping & praying that some one will want us. Can not find our Garner connection. No one wants us.??? What to do. Old obit states that Jarrett/Jarred Garner b. about 1794 left Virginia about 1818 and married in Illinois in 1821. We know his family but who are his parents?? Does he have any siblings?? Thanks for any help in finding/knowing our ancestors GARNER.

GarnerMPA (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2008 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Garner
Wow, talk about coincidence. You had me going for a second. My father is also Sam Garner Jr born 1926 in Stevenson, Al. His father was Samuel Dudley Garner Sr born about 1900(per marriage license he went by Dudley). However, his wife was Abbie Jane Stwewart (1906-1956). Dudley's father was Samuel born about 1869 in Al, married to Martha (haven't found a last name). Samuel was a coal miner in Jefferson County. Might you have come across any information on these Garner's in your research?

Garner_Lindsay (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2012 2:33AM GMT
my grand mother was half cherokee and her mother was full blooded cherokee. she married a john garner who died last year on 11/11/11. i dont know if any of this helps but ya never know
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions