Search for content in message boards

BURCH/BIRCH Families in Greene Co., Illinois

BURCH/BIRCH Families in Greene Co., Illinois

ArthurBurch2533 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2004 2:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BURCH, BIRCH, SCOGGINS, MORAN
I'm looking for any information regarding BURCH's in Illinois. In particular, I'm looking for my grandfather, Enoch BURCH, born 1867.

I've found two Enoch BIRCH's in the 1850 Census for the area south of Macoupin Creek, Greene Co., Illinois.

One Enoch BIRCH is listed as age 35 from Tennessee, along with Elizabeth (age 26), George H. (age 6), Enoch (age 4), Perry and Terry (Twins, age 2), and Lydia A (age 3 months). My research shows that this is Enoch BURCH and his wife Elizabeth SCOGGINS.

The other Enoch BIRCH is listed as age 34 from Tennessee, in the household of Lydia BIRCH (age 59), along with George (age 25), Richard (age 23), James (age 21), and Lydia J. (age 17) all born in Tennessee. Also enumerated with this family is Emaline MORAN (age 8) and Mary MORAN (age 6) both born in Illinois.

I have no more information regarding this second family, but suspect that these two families are somehow related. If anyone has further information, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you.

Arthur J. Burch

Re: BURCH/BIRCH Families in Greene Co., Illinois

Bill M. (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2004 3:15PM GMT
Arthur,

Go to the web site below -- a lady researching birch/burch in central illinois. Perhaps she could help.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilmaga/surnames_1.html

Re: BURCH/BIRCH Families in Greene Co., Illinois

Narelle222 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2010 12:55AM GMT
Surnames: Burch
Lydia (age 59) is the mother of Enoch Burch (wife Elizabeth Scoggins).

The Moran children are grandchildren of Lydia's, being the children of Lydia's daughter Mary Ann Burch who married a John Moran, Jan 1841.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions