Search for content in message boards

Holmes and Miller Marriage

Holmes and Miller Marriage

William Baker (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holmes, Miller
I was wondering if anyone had the parents of Jonathan Miller, who married Sarah Holmes (b. ab.1672, Stamford, CT.), d/o John Holmes and Rachel Waterbury, in about 1691 in Bedford, Westchester Co., NY. Sarah was born in Fairfield County. I think Jonathan is tied in somehow with my Abraham Miller, Sr., s/o James Miller, of Westchester, but I do not know how.

Captain Jonathan Miller

mayviolet (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2005 11:11AM GMT
Surnames: MILLER, HOLMES, WATERBURY, ANGELL, SEELY, JONES, LOCKWOOD, PARCETT, SHELTON

Captain Jonathan Miller, born Stamford, Conn. in Fairfield Co. in1667, died in BEdford, N.Y.after June 10, 1737. He was a free-holder, a patentee of the Bedford patent of 1704, fence viewer,assessor, surveyer,layer-ou, selectman, constable,lad recorder an supervisorof Bedford. On Feb. 1, 1690, he married Sarah Holmes, born Feb. 25, 1666, daughter of John Holmed and Rachel Waterbury. RachelParcett Waterbury was born in Stamford, Con. ,Fairfield, Co. about 1639 and married John Holmes on Dec. 3, 1659. Rachel's parents were, John Waterbury and Rose Lockwood. Johns parents were, William Waterbury and Alice Parcett. Williams parents were, John Waterbury and Anne Shelton. One of Jonathan Millers brothers ws David, born at Stamford, in Fairfield, Co. in 1676 and died i Stamford sometime after 1737. He was a freeholder and a patentee of the Bedford patent of 1704. In 1701. David married Hannah Jones, born in Stamford, March 16, 1680. She was the daughter of Joseph Jones. One of their many children was Abraham ( Sr.) , born at Bedford about 1704 and died there 1775-76; his will dated Aug. 29, 177 and proved April 30, 1776. He married 1730 to Comfort Seely, born March 17,1709 at Bedford and died here 1791. She was the daughter of Joseph Seely and Martha.....? Joseph Seely was born at Bedford in 1685 and his parents were Cornelius Seely bornabout 1650 in Stamford and died before 1710 probably at Bedford, and Prisilla Osborn, born atStamford about 1650, the daughtr of Captain Richard Osborn. The parents of Cornelius were; Obadiah, born about 1628 i London, Eng. died at Stamford on Aug. 25, 1657.and Mary, the widow of John Miller.The parents of Obadiah were; Robert Seely born about 1600, baptised Aug. 22, 1602, in the parish of Bluntishameum Earith, County Huntingdon, Eng. Roberts wife #1 ( mother of Obadiah, Nathaniel and Nathaniel#2 ) was Mary....? Robert became famous as a Lieutenent in the Pequot war. ( I have more on this if you want ). Roberts ather was William Seeye. The children of Abraham Miller and Comfort were: Joseph, Issac, Mary, Deborah, Abraham Jr. and Eleanor. ( I have info on their dates and spouses if you want.). The PARENTS of DAVID and JONATHAN MILLER were; JohnMiller Sr. born about 1635, probably in Wethersfield, Conn., was granted land in Stamford in 1667 and proposed a freeman in 1669. The name of Johns wife is unknown; possibly Sarah. John di at Bedford about Dec 26, 1702. Johns parents were; John Miller, born about 1609 in England, and Mary who married after death of John, to Obadiah Seely asI mentioned above. I hope this helps and I do have alot more re. the settlers and families who removed from Stamford, Connecticut in Fairfield Co. to Bedford, N.Y. Marianne Dunnell..mariannefromny@webtv.net

Re: Captain Jonathan Miller

charoitechild (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2012 11:23AM GMT
Am seeking info on the Miller, Theale and Ambler family connection in Bedford NY and Stamford Ct
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions