Search for content in message boards

Rev. William Franklin (Billy) Moore

Rev. William Franklin (Billy) Moore

LoPlett (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2003 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for information and pictures of Rev. William Franklin (Billy) Moore, his parents Thomas Moore and Elizabeth Kendrick Moore Patton, (Elizabeth married William Dixon Patton after the death of Thomas Moore, his grandparents Asa Moore all from Missouri

Re: Rev. William Franklin (Billy) Moore

migcosta160 (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2003 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Moore

I don't now if it is the same person, this it is my great-grandfather and he was African American.
He is profiled in 2 documents, the first a biographical sketch, and the second a photo:

Moore, William John Franklin
Born: 28 November 1862
Place of Birth: Washington, NC
Religion: African Methodist Episcopal Zion
Biographical

Sketch(es): African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, p. 94
Illustration(s): African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, facing p. 64
If you have some match with me or not, please let me know.
Thank you very much.
By the way, my grandfather name was Elmer S. Moore Boon
Rebecca moore

Lois (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2003 1:18AM GMT
No, it isn't the same person. This Rev. William Franklin (Billy) Moore was a Cherokee Native American. He was also a Methodist Minister and an Indian Interpreter for Stan Waite. It is so interesting to see how many people carry the same names in this world. Wonder how God keeps us all seperated?

migcosta160 (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2003 1:40AM GMT
Well..because I am looking for my Willian Franklin Moore, if I find something related with yours I will send you a message.
Thank you for your answer

Lois (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2003 2:14AM GMT
I appreciate your offer of help. I, too, will keep your e-mail address just in case I see something that could be of interest to you.

4LUNNS (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2008 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: kendrick patton moore
Did you find your information? He is my g,g,g grandfather. Looks like you have some of the same notes passed along by my gr aunts when I was reseaching/working on a college paper many years ago.

The dates you have for the indian rolls are just the dates of rolls available at Tahlequah, there was a fire that destroyed some rolls. If memory serves me, they were trying to find WF on the indian rolls.

Thomas H, his father, was in the Conf army - 2nd Ark Co D, and then the Union army were he died @ Little Rock, 1864. W.F. was in the 2nd Mo.Cav. We still can't prove WF was in Waite's 1st Cherokee as his name doesn't appear any muster rolls yet found. Because he was 16 and a water boy, per family story, he might not have been mustered in.

I have the same information as you re: Old Horse and Old Hickory. The note I have that says Elizabeth was full Cherokee, however, there is an article in the History of Stella about WF and it says he was 1/4 Cherokee. OH and OH could be her parents or grandparents. Let me know if you have any new informaton that would be helpful to track her parents, or questions.

yjjeep1 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2012 10:24PM GMT
Don't know if you are still on here but, My name is Mark Moore. I am a direct decendant of Billy Moore. I too have heard the stories of him as the son of Tom Moore and Elizabeth Kenkrick who was 100% Cherokee and a decendant of Old Horse "Hoss". Thank you for the info you have provided. Just wondering if you have any more info on Capt. Tom Moore and his family tree?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions