Search for content in message boards

Lanning

Lanning

Elisa Mabry Vahlkamp (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lanning
Hi,
I have traced my Grandmother's family back to appx. 1641 in Wales. I am trying to locate additional information on John Lennon Lanning born in Wales about 1641 and immigrating to the US in the 1700's.
Thank you so much for any help,
Elisa Mabry Vahlkamp

Re: Lanning

jelm29 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 2:52AM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 2:43AM GMT
Do you still need info about John Lennen/Lanning? If so I have info as I am a descendant of his son Robert. I can't help you as far as Wales but I do have info about him and his sons after they came to Long Island, NY and then to NJ in the 1600s. John died in 1681 in Newtown, LI, NY and was married to Elizabeth--.

Elisa Mabry Vahlkamp (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 1:02PM GMT
Jane,
I would love more info on the descendants of John Lennon Lanning. Thank you so much for responding to my post.

DennyLanning52 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2002 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 8:50PM GMT
Hi Elisa. I would like very much to find more on my family history but have run into a brick wall. My grandfather never talked much about his family and in fact he joked about his nationality. He died when I was 7 years old in 1957. Much later in years I learned that my great grandparents brought their family to Michigan when my grandfather was just a young man and left him and his brothers and sisters here. They returned to Indiana. I was told that my great grandmother was a Cherokee and the kids had it pretty tough so they were brought here where no one new them. My great grandfathers name was Amos but on his marriage certificate it only says wife. My grandfathers name was Oney. He had a brother named Lawrence,and one named Kelly. I know of two sisters Annie? and Sarah. I never saw aunt Sarah only once and that was at my grandfather funeral. He had not seen her in over 30 years and died while cutting his lawn and getting ready for her visit. She arrived one day too late. Is there any of these names familiar to you? Thank you very much.
Dennis Lanning
2558 Alden Highway
Mancelona, Michigan 49659

Elisa Vahlkamp (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2002 1:07PM GMT
I have a saved document that I received from another genealogy buff.If you will email me at EMabry11@hotmail.com, I'll forward it to you.

Good luck in your search!

DennyLanning52 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2002 4:56PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 8:50PM GMT
Hi Jane. My gr grgrandfather was Amos Lanning and I think his wifes name was Clara Johnson. I know he had a brother James. Amos had sons Lawrence, Oney and Callie...Not sure about that spelling. He also had daughters named Sarah, Anna, Nellie, Nina, Lily,and Sadie. Oney was my grandfather. I have been told that Amos was from Indiana and Ohio. I know my grandfather came to Michigan when he was 18, which would have been about 1904 and his brothers came here too but did not stay as long as my grandpa.I have most of the info on my grandpa and his children but can not seem to be able to go back past Amos.I know nothing of his family and would love to know more. Anything you can help me with would be great. Thank you.
Dennis Lanning lanning@torchlake.com

jelm29 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2002 7:24PM GMT
Hi Dennis,

The only Amos Lanning I have was a brother to my gr.gr.gr.grandfather Nathaniel Lanning b. bet. 1790-1796 in Ewing, Mercer, NJ and d. June 1862 in Cranbury, NJ. The parents of Nathaniel and Amos and their siblings John, Thisbe, Peninah and Samuel were Nathaniel Lanning b. 1768 in Hunterdon, NJ and Mehitable or Hannah Lee b. 1772 in Hunterdon NJ. Some of the descendants of this branch (my branch) of Lannings settled in New London, Huron Co. OH. Some went to Kansas. None of the names you listed are in my list. Sorry I can't be of more help.

My father used to visit in Torch Lake, MI as a child. I think it is near Glen Lake ( right?)where some of his relatives had a home.

I had a very hard time tracking down your reply to my posting so if you want to contact me again use my e-mail address, janem9129@aol.com.

jeandeans (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2002 12:29AM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2003 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: Lanning, Hendry, Egner
I am looking for any information on the Lanning family. I'm related to John Lennen Laning through Robert Lanning. I downloaded my info from an LDS site and there seem to be discrepancies in the file. Any help will be welcomed.

jelm29 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2002 3:19AM GMT
Jean,
Sorry I did not reply sooner. I had a hard time finding your message until now. What would you like to know? Maybe I can help as I am also a descendant of Robert Lanning. There is a lot of inaccurate information about the Lannings out there. Please e-mail me as it is much easier to correspond directly than go through a message board. My address is janem9129@aol.com.
Jane

frigga1977 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 1:26AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 7:14AM GMT
Surnames: Lannings
Hello, I am looking for family to my great great grandfather and grandmother,Henry Lanning and Rebecca Dearborn. Henry was born in 1847 in Pennsylvania and Rebecca in 1858
on Indiana.Henry's father was a Joseph or Jasper Lanning and mother was a Mary Bush. Joseph/Jasper from New Jersey and Mary fromPennsylvania. Ant help you could give me would be of great help E-mail me at amanda7752@juno.com
Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions