Search for content in message boards

Will of William Lancaster

Will of William Lancaster

ecowan (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 16 Jan 2006 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Lancaster, Golightly

William Lancaster left will signed 2 July 1824.
His wife named therein was Cleramont Golightly.
Children named in will:
1.Theron Lancaster
2. William Harvey Lancaster
3. Rufus Lancaster
4. Major Alvin Lancaster (my grandfather)
5. Juliet Lancaster married Edward Lipscomb
6. Avalina Lancaster married Eneck Underwood
7. Newton Lancaster(his son being William Wilson Lancaster and Wilson's son was Virgil Clough Lancaster who was 88 and still living in Spartanburg when I received this will.
8. Nareissa Lancaster
This is all sent by attorneys, for proof of relationship.

Lancaster

ecowan (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lancaster

Greetings, I have Virgil Clough in some papers will pull them out tomorrow, that date sounds close though as he was still living when I received a letter from attorneys in Spartanburg in the easly 6oS and he was still there, and very old at that time. Do you want me to post on list or write to your e-mail? My e-mail is above and when enjoy hearing from you. ENC REPONSE TO ABOVE NOTICE

Lancaster

ecowan (View posts)

Greetings, I have Virgil Clough in some papers will pull them out tomorrow, that date sounds close though as he was still living when I received a letter from attorneys in Spartanburg in the easly 6oS and he was still there, and very old at that time. Do you want me to post on list or write to your e-mail? My e-mail is above and when enjoy hearing from you. ENC

Virgil Clough Lancaster

LindaNelson54 (View posts)
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Lancaster, West, Bennett, Stevens, Rakestraw, Wyatt
Hi Elma...I have that Virgil Clough Lancaster died on 10 May 1968 in Spartanburg- do you know if this is correct?

William Wilson Lancaster was married to Christina West- daughter of Thomas West and Mary Menerva Porter. Christina was the sister of my g g grandmother, Asenath West Lancaster( she was married to William Alexander Lancaster).

Lancasters

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lancaster, West, Wyatt, Stevens, Smith, Porter, Rakestraw
Janis,

Larkin and Delilah were my 4x great grandparents. Please email me and we will share info.

Linda

Lancaster Family

mjmac85 (View posts)
Edited: 2 Nov 2004 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: LANCASTER, NANCE
Hi,

My line is Nancy Lancaster, daughter of Larkin & Delilah
Lancaster. Nancy m. Thomas Nance and they lived in Union Co.
S.C. And later moved to Calhoun Co. Ala.
Would love to exchange and share information with you.

Thanks, Janis

Virgil Clough

Elma Cowan (View posts)

Linda, I just now found your message about Virgil Clough, I don't believe I answered it before now, my notes seem to be somewhat out of order. The letter from Spartanburg attorneys was mailed to me about 1963 at which time Mr. Lancaster was 88 and still living. He probably did die when you stated ,I don't know for sure. I have a direct line of Absolem Lancaster from the attorneys also. ENC

Alvin L. Lancaster

Posted: 18 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Ernie,

Long time no hear!! I checked the Spartnaburg Herald Obit listings- and your father is not listed in them for anytime in the 1980s. So, maybe he died in Greenville Co.

I don't know if they have obits online, like Spartanburg does( on the Spartanburg Library website).

If he died in Greenville, that would be were his will could be found. If you can get someone to look for his obit- that would probably give you the names of any half-siblings you have.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Linda

Alvin Lafayette Lancaster s.o. Virgil

Ernest Lancaster (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
I am still searching for info on my Father, Alvin Lafayette Lancaster, son of Virgil Clough Lancaster and Mary Melissa Shippey. He moved to Oklahoma City at some point, but apparently returned to Spartanburg / Greenville area where he died in the 1980s. Can anyone help me locate his will? I have heard that I have some half-brothers and sisters. This is my "brick wall". If anyone could help me find my brothers and sisters, I would be most grateful!

Thanks, Ernie

Re: Lancaster Family

1948bigbird (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2009 1:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Nancy,

Have you Reviewed the (Lancaster of Barnwell County SC).

My Second Cousin has gotten back to Jesse Lancaster 1790.

Should cross paths somewhere.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions