Search for content in message boards

Landon Duncan

Landon Duncan

Ruth Geddings (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2000 7:17PM GMT
I am still trying to locate Landon Duncan's father. Landon was born, 26 Mar 1786, in Fauquier Co., VA. Died 22 Sep 1867, in Narrows, Giles Co., VA. He married Sarah Kirk daughter of Thomas Kirk.
Landon's mother is Chloe Duncan. It is said that she had Landon out of wedlock. Needless to say, this makes for hard hunting. Chloe Duncan married Landon's father-in-law on 15 Jan 1814. If anyone has any information, PLEASE contact me @ r_geddings @lycos.com

Thanks
Ruth

Thomas Kirk,Fauquier Co., VA

paphelps (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 3:46PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2002 9:26AM GMT
Just saw the inquiry on the Ancestry message board and think that the Thomas Kirk you refer to is my GGG Grandfather. His son, Anthony Kirk was born there in 1767, married Nancy Ann Bohannon in Jefferson Co., KY, 6 June 1812, and died in Shelby Co, KY on 13 September, 1821. Would appreciate any further info you may have re Thomas Kirk. Sorry I don't have info re your specific query. Thanks, Pap Phelps

Thomas Kirk

Ruth E Geddings (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 3:59PM GMT
The only information I have is
Thomas Kirk born abt 1758. He married a Nancy Webb (born abt 1767) on 15 Dec 1787 in Montgomery, Virginia. He died in 1821 in Giles Co., Va. His parents were John Kirk born abt 1725, died in 1788 in Culpepper Co., and Margaret (Brooks?) who died aft 1787.
This is all the information I have on that line. Thomas Kirk's daughter, Sarah, was married to my ggggrandfather Landon Duncan. Landon's mother married Thomas Kirk in their later years.
Hope this helps.
Ruth

Thomas Kirk

paphelps (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 10:40AM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2002 9:26AM GMT
It sounds like the same family. I have an undocumented listing showing that Thomas Kirk (b 1720, d. 1800) married Margot Duncan and the children were William, Thomas, Joseph, Benjamin, Frances, Nimrod, John, Anthony (I believe my ggg father), and Mary. Interested in locating primary references for this line and will post if I locate more. Thanks for the reply. Pap Phelps

Re: Thomas Kirk

patperkins264 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2010 11:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have Thomas Kirk who married Nancy Webb as the son of Thomas KIrk and Margot Duncan.

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 11:53PM GMT
I have a different father for Anthony who married Nancy Bohannon I have Anthonys father as Thomas Kirk and Margo Duncan

jasonkirk2003 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2011 11:51PM GMT
Surnames: Kirk
My name is Jason Kirk and I am a descendant of Thomas Kirk (1758) that you speak of. Everything that you say about him and his family is correct except for the marriage to Nancy Webb. Nancy Webb did marry a Thomas Kirk but it was a different Thomas Kirk than the one with connections to Rev Landon Duncan and wife Sarah Kirk. ALOT of public trees on ancestry.com have this connection wrong. The marriage of Thomas Kirk and Nancy Webb was in Virginia which leads alot of people to make that connection, but I have records of atleast 5 differnet Thomas Kirk's in that area of Virginia at his time. The surety for the Thomas Kirk and Nancy Webb marriage was dated in 1787. The other Thomas you refer to (father of Sarah) already had 8 of his 11 children by this year. I do not know the mother of his 11 kids but as you stated, he did marry Chloe Duncan (mother of son-in-law Landon Duncan)in his later years. Furthermore, Nancy Webb submitted an application in Alabama for pension due to her deceased husband Thomas Kirk, for services rendered in war. Thomas (father of Sarah) never served in the military. I have copies of all my references on this material if interested, as I have been sorting this out for some time now. I also have alot on Rev. Landon Duncan. Not to further complicate things but Thomas (father of Sarah) had a son named Rev. Thomas Kirk, Jr. who would have been Rev. Landon Duncan's brother-in-law. They were part of the early disciples of christ church.

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 8:54PM GMT
I am wondering if you have any firm data on the father of the Thomas Kirk that married Margot Duncan? Was he a brother of the John Kirk that married Margaret Brooks ? I have been sorting out this family and am curious as to what your records show thanks in advance .

Elijah Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2013 11:52PM GMT
I need help on Rev. Landon Duncan. Who did he marry?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions