Search for content in message boards

Emerick Family Ulster. West Camp, Saugerties, NYC

Emerick Family Ulster. West Camp, Saugerties, NYC

tmcvicar2 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 1:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Emerick, Whitney, Greenbaum
Trying to take my Emerick Family back another few steps and looking for some help or any other connections.

The first Emerick I have is John M. Emerick, b. abt 1816-1818 in NY. He married Margaret and their children included Ma? abt 1839, Rachel C abt 1843, Maria abt 1846,Phillip W. abt 1847, Peter abt 1849. I have this family in 1850 in Saugerties, and later the appear in catskill in Greene Cty NY. I know that Phillip eventually married Catherine Whitney in 1871 in St Paul's Lutheran Church where I believe other Emerick's were Clregymen.
Phillip later moved to NYC as a clerk and salesman.

I'm having difficulty placing these Emerick's amongst the large number of Emerick's in new York state at the time.

Anyone see any connectioons?

Tom McVicar
JandTMcV@ix.netcom.com

Re: Emerick Family Ulster. West Camp, Saugerties, NYC

jemerick1093 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2002 11:51PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2002 10:54PM GMT

I know the original farm house that was the fur trading post in 1701 is just north of West Camp but it has been many years since I was there. I was still in the family 20 years ago.
There was a very large farm that ran from the hudson river west for about "20 miles" Peter Emerick lived in the old farm house on Emerick road in West Camp until he passed away several years ago. I believe the house was sold.
The farm was divided up in the late 1800" amoung the thee sons. Benjamin,Joel, and William C.
Bens son "Ben" ran a garage in saugerties for a number of years. His wifes name was Betty. Joel ouned and ran his portion of the farm until his death. His son 'Cutter" was school princible in Spring Valley,NY rockland county. His daughter married Conklin. Had the oldest orchard and farm in Rockland.Can't recall her name.
The third parcel was given to William C. the only Emerick still in the fur business. He married Ana Stem and had 2 sons. William Cutter and my dad Benjamin Irving named after Irving Emerick the Baptist minister.
Hope this helps some..E-mail me if I can help. Wheel10@webtv.net

kellywaterman22 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2007 11:22PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2008 11:13PM GMT
Surnames: Emerick Rightmyer
I have Emerick Ancestors as WELL- William Helmus Emerick Line 1844-1916 and have info on this Family to share like Burial Locations, He Moved with His family To Hartland Hollow, Hartford Co, CT. Where His New Daughter Inlaw Isabel Stewart Was From she Married William Jr. Born in West Camp 1892 and Brother Herbert Born in 1880. He became a Clergyman/Deacon in 1910 at West Hartland Congregational Church, He was also Luthern before The move. William Sr. Wife is Florence Rightmyer Daughter of Rev. P. Rightmyer Who married them at the Church around the Corner in West Camp.. anyone with Connection please email me willing to share to Forward my Lines... Thanks in advance
kellywaterman22@yahoo.com

kellywaterman22 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2011 10:13PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Emerick, Mull, Vrooman
I Have the above mentioned brothers John M. Emerick and Peter Emerick as a Brother to Rev. William Emerick. John married Margaret Mull, daughter of Barent & Rachel Mull of Coeyman's.
John & Peter are son's of Benjamin Emerick & Catherine Vrooman. Catherine's family is from Coeyman's. I have more information if needed contact me.

saare (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2012 6:23PM GMT
We have located the Emerick Road Cemetery in West Camp and have posted it to findagrave.com. Any help in identifying the hard to read stones would be appreciated. Please use the 'edit' tab and then the suggest a correction feature if you can identify any posted stones with names unknown.
Thanks
Fred & Elsie

gregwilczek (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2012 1:51PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2012 3:58PM GMT
I work in New York City near a building in midtown that was recently torn down. The demolition exposed the side of a neighboring building and brought daylight to old window signs for previous tenants, one of whom was Wm C Emerick in the fur business. Attached are a couple photos. The address of this building is 34 W 46 Street New York, NY 10036 and Emerick would be on the 3rd floor. According the New York Times this building was built in 1914 for general loft use.

(http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/15/realestate/15scap.html?_r=...)
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions