Search for content in message boards

Lyle/Lile(s), Wheeler, Butler, Venable, Garrison, Webb, Park(s)

Lyle/Lile(s), Wheeler, Butler, Venable, Garrison, Webb, Park(s)

marylynnlyle (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2005 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking specifically for John and Mary Lyle, Willis P. Lyle, in 1860 and Willis P. Lyle in 1870. Members of these families intermarried and after the war, children of some lived with the others. Counties are Jackson, Habersham, White and Banks. I'm hoping someone researching one of these lines has come across Willis P. Lyle and his parents John and Mary and can fill in some gaps for me.

Re: Lyle/Lile(s), Wheeler, Butler, Venable, Garrison, Webb, Park(s)

Joyce Wood (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2005 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Lyle
I, too, am searching for information on Willis P. Lyle and his family. I think I found him in the 1880 census for Oconee County, SC although his first name was spelled Willia but his wife and children matched with mine. He had a sister named Minerva Lyle who married Daniel T. Wheeler. I can't find any other siblings for them, do you have any more? Do you have the names of their grandparents?
Joyce

ronnierayt (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2005 2:29AM GMT
Hi: Willis Parks Lyle was my Great Grandfather, Will share what info i have. Write me at ronnierayt@aol.com. Thanks

lmkinger (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2009 4:35AM GMT
Could someone give me information on Willis Parks Lyle's mother and father? I am desperate!

melaniegibbs13 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2009 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: Lyle, David, Neal, Webb
My records that I obtained through Lyle researchers concerning the parents of Willis Park Lyle is that they were Mary Webb, daughter of Charles and Rachael McKinney Webb. Rachael was b. about 1773 and d. about 1866. This information came from the Lyles of North GA Home Page on the Internet and John Wesley Lyle, b. 24 Mar 1769 in VA and d. July 1851 in Paulding Co, GA.

John Wesley and Mary Webb Lyle had at least these children:
Minerva, b. 15 Mar 1815
William Lyle, b. 30 Jun 1818
Willis Park, b. 16 Dec 1827
Mary , b. abt 1833
Rachael Charlotte b. abt 1835.

I am related through the above William Lyle who married Eliza J. Yarbrough. She was b. 1 Jul 1819 in Jackson County, GA and d. 21 oct 1899 and secondly, through their son, James Monroe Lyle, SR who married Anna Olivia Neal who was the daughter of Richard and Mary Juliette David Neal. Hope this helps.

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 2:28AM GMT
Surnames: Lyle, David, Neal, Webb
My records that I obtained through Lyle researchers concerning the parents of Willis Park Lyle is that they were Mary Webb, daughter of Charles and Rachael McKinney Webb. Rachael was b. about 1773 and d. about 1866. This information came from the Lyles of North GA Home Page on the Internet; and John Wesley Lyle, b. 24 Mar 1769 in VA and d. July 1851 in Paulding Co, GA.

John Wesley and Mary Webb Lyle had at least these children:
Minerva, b. 15 Mar 1815
William Lyle, b. 30 Jun 1818
Willis Park, b. 16 Dec 1827
Mary , b. abt 1833
Rachael Charlotte b. abt 1835.

I am related through the above William Lyle who married Eliza J. Yarbrough. She was b. 1 Jul 1819 in Jackson County, GA and d. 21 oct 1899 and secondly, through their son, James Monroe Lyle, SR who married Anna Olivia Neal who was the daughter of Richard and Mary Juliette David Neal. Hope this helps.

lyleknlcr_2 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2010 1:25AM GMT
I have been trying to verify this John Lyle. Everyone that I have found says that John Lyle 1769 but if you go to the 1850 census you find John Lyle married to Mary child Rachel and Park he is only 59 yrs which would put him born around 1791. It is like a generation has been skipped. Could John Lyle of 1769 be this John of 1791s father? I am stuck on this John of 1791.

twlb74 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2013 8:37AM GMT
I know you posted this awhile back but I am having the same problem. Have you or ayone figurd this out and has anyone found John Wesley Lyle's parents?

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 10:41PM GMT
Nothing new on the Lyles.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions