Search for content in message boards

DUNKIN in Alabama

DUNKIN in Alabama

jstrange1 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2002 5:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2002 5:46AM GMT
Surnames: DUNKIN, BARKER
My g-grandfather, John BARKER (1846) married Emma DUNKIN (15 Apr 1859). She was born in Marion, Perry Co. Alabama.

Any information on Emma and her family would be greatly appreciated.

Re: DUNKIN in Alabama

Amanda (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2003 9:42PM GMT
Jack,

I have a Emma Dunkin born 4/15/1859 to Elias Patrick and Eliza Ann Stewart-Dunkin. She died on 5/17/1947. However, I have Emma married to Ruben Pinkie Tubbs in Jan. of 1878. He was born 10/25/1830 and died 6/15/1890. They had two children: Pinkie Tubbs and Reuben Melvin Tubbs. Is it possible that John Barker was her 2nd husband?

Amanda

Jack Strange (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2003 12:38AM GMT
Amanda,

Thanks for responding.

Yes, John Barker was her second husband. She was first married to Ruben Pinkie Tubbs. She was also John Barker's second wife.

You may be interested in looking at

genforum.genealogy.com/dgi-bin/pageload.cgi?reuben::tubbs::375.html

I have not followed up on this, but here the middle name is listed as PINKNEY.--very interesting.

Perhaps we can exchange info?

Amanda (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2003 1:22AM GMT
Hey Jack,

I would love to exchange any information that I have with you. Was Emma your g-grandmother? I found some of my information in Dunkin Trails. It is a book that Mr. Allen Dunkin of Perry Co. wrote. I went to the Perry co. library a few years ago to do research and found out a little bit of information on Emma there. I also met a gg or ggg grandaughter of Emma's through the message boards and she gave me more information on the descendants of Reuben Melvin Tubbs. I did not know that Emma was married a 2nd time. Did she have any children with John Barker? I have information on Emma's parents, grandparents, and so on if you need it.

Amanda

Crystal Winters (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2006 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Dunkin, Johnson
I have been trying to research my GG Grandmother.
Her last name was Dunkin and I think she was married to Sam Dunkin, but I don't know her name. They had at least 5 children, two I know of were Gabriel, and my G Grandmother, Nora Rebecca. My G Grandparents lived in Walker Co., AL, so I'm guessing that my GG Grandparents were from Alabama. I tried to get a copy of Nora's death certificate with no luck. Nora was said to be Cherokee and Irish. If you have any information you might share, I would be grateful.

rdunkin51 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2009 2:04AM GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if I contacted you prior to this concerning Lenora Johnson nee Dunkin. If so I'm sorry about bugging you butI would like to share information. Leonora Rebecca Dunkin was the sister of my gggrandfather Robert Wesley Dunkin. My E-mail is r.dunkin@comcast.com

cryswin (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2009 11:25AM GMT
No, you have not contacted me prior. I tried contacting you at the listed e-mail address, but it came back. I looked at the pictures you have posted. I am curious where you got the picture of Lenora Dunkin and Andrew Johnson. Their son, Howard, was my grandfather. My Uncle has the original picture at his home in Texas. I and others are eager to learn any information you might have. My e-mail is cryswin@sbcglobal.net

rdunkin51 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2009 7:09PM GMT
cryswin

I'm sorry but I messed up on my E-mail address. The correct address is r.dunkin@comcast.net

Hopefully, you didn't do the same as I just sent you an E-mail.

Ronnie

rksibley6 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2012 3:51PM GMT
Hello, Lenora Rebecca Dunkin Johnson and Andrew W. Johnson are my ancesters as well. If you can forward me any pictures or documentation you have or tribal information I would appreciate it. thanks, Kareena Sibley rksibley6@juno.com or ksibley7@gmail.com

WintersC9 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2012 7:03PM GMT
How are you related to Lenora and Andrew? They are my Great Grandparents. There is very little information, no tribal info, but I would be happy to share what I do have. I will have to wait until I can access the one photo I have of the two of them to forward it to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions