Search for content in message boards

Information on Elizabeth Puhr

Information on Elizabeth Puhr

dnrunyon41 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2012 2:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great grandparents, Joseph and Elizabeth Puhr came to this country in 1911 from Austria-Hungary and moved to Conway, Pa. and show up in the Federal Census for 1920 and 1930 in Conway, Pa. Joseph Puhr shows up in the 1940 census there. Elizabeth Puhr doesn't. It is my feeling she passed away there in the 30's. I have search all death records for Pennsylvania and Ohio (since Joseph moved to Ohio after 1940). Does anyone know of or heard anything about Elizabeth Puhr? Thank you for your help.

Re: Information on Elizabeth Puhr

rosejp2 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2012 5:10PM GMT
Hi,

An Elizabeth Puhr from Conway died April 11, 1936. It doesn't give her age or husband's name, just the date and death certificate number. I've attached a screenshot of the part of the death index page that I found her on.

Hope this helps.

~ rosejp2
Attachments:

Re: Information on Elizabeth Puhr

dnrunyon41 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2012 6:12PM GMT
Thank you so much rosejp2 for the information. It must be my great grandmother. Like I said she shows up on the 1920 and 1920 census, but not 1940. I lost my dad when I was only four and my my brother and my mom lived with her in Crestline Ohio until I graduated in 1959. My great grandfather was living there too, and died there in 1951. I never really heard any mention of my great grandmother and all those on my moms side of the family except a great nephew named Henry Puhr in Marion, Ohio, who is 87 now are dead. I sincerely thank you for this information.

Respectfully,

David Runyon

Obit- Mrs. Elizabeth Puhr

jamedlin1 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2012 2:44AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Obituary

Mrs. Elizabeth Puhr
The Daily Times
Dated- April 13, 1936
Front page

Beaver County, PA
~*~

Obituary found online-
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Ip8iAAAAIBAJ&sjid=V...

CONWAY WOMAN IS
TAKEN BY DEATH

Mrs. Elizabeth Puhr, 64, Conway, died Saturday afternoon at 5:15 o’clock in her home, 1436 Third Avenue, of pneumonia. Funeral services will be held Tuesday afternoon at 2 o’clock in the home. Rev. Hans O. F. Simoleit, pastor of St. Paul’s German Lutheran Church, Rochester, and Rev. C. S. Brewer, pastor of the First English Lutheran Church, Baden, will officiate. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery, Freedom.

She was a member of St. Paul’s German Lutheran Church, Rochester, and the Workmen’s Beneficial Union, District 18. She leaves four daughters; Mrs. George Stoykovich, Crestline, O.; Mrs. Frank St**blo, Cleveland, O.; Mrs. W. E. Otto, Freedom, and Mrs. Joseph Lyons, Youngstown, O.; four sons, Joseph Puhr, at home; John Puhr, Portland, Ore., Henry Puhr, Akron, O., and Conrad Puhr, at home; one sister, Mrs. Barbara Murphy, Bellingham, Wash., and thirteen grandchildren.

------------------
*I am not related.

Re: Obit- Mrs. Elizabeth Puhr

dnrunyon41 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2012 8:18PM GMT
Dear jamedlin1;

Thank you so mucy for the obituary. It certainly was my great-great grandmother. Fills in a few remaining blanks on my family tree. I have all the way back to 1650 on my fathers side, and this really helps towards my mom's side. Never knew that my great-great grandmother had a sister until the obituary. Thank you so much again.

David Runyon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions