Search for content in message boards

Two (Male) Francis Wyatt - Help, Please!!

Two (Male) Francis Wyatt - Help, Please!!

vstesnar (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2010 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pearl/Owsley/Wyatt
I have distant lines that have the two Francis/Frank Wyatts. "A History of the Pioneer Families of Missouri" by Bryan and Rose show (1) pg 225 "A Frank Wyatt, of North Carolina," and has no wife listed. Some of his children are said to live in Lincoln County, Kentucky. (2)Pg 223-224 "Frank Wyatt was a native of North Carolina, but settled and lived in Montgomery County, Kentucky." No wife listed for him either but later traced him to (1) Nancy Ann Haden and (2) Elizabeth Hayden. Does anyone know who the wife of Francis Wyatt who had the following children: John, William, Frank Jr,, Ricks (Richard?), Polly, Elizabeth, and Sally? (John Wyatt b 1759 in NC and d 1855 in MO; married Mary "Polly" Pearl/Pearle)

Since my lines run into both Francis/Franks I was trying to get both of their wive's names.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Vicki S. Tesnar
vstesnar@charter.net

Re: Two (Male) Francis Wyatt - Help, Please!!

marypwatts1 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2013 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt
Vicky, Did you have any luck finding the wives of the Frank/Francis Wyatt? They are ancestors of mine.

vstesnar (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2013 12:09AM GMT
I found
Francis Wyatt, 1755 NC - 1824 KY, married to Ann Elizabeth Haden or Nancy Ann Hayden. Parents were John Wyatt 1731 VA - 1784 VA and Elizabeth B. [nee Smith} Wyatt.

Francis Wyatt, 1731 in NC no further personal info including wife. His father was John Wyatt, 1684 VA - 1750 VA; mother was Jane [nee Pamplin] Wyatt, 1690 England - 1749 VA. Besides all other previous quotes regarding the Francis', the reference of "The Gentry Family in America 1676 - 1909, by Richard Gentry, Grafton Press, NY, pub 1909" showed no info his wife either.

I could get no further than John Wyatt and Ann [nee Jones] Wyatt. It seemed every individual family named sons John and Francis/Frank.

Wish I could give you more.............

Vicki S. Tesnar
vstesnar@charter.net

marypwatts1 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2013 4:42PM GMT
In the Wyatts in the MS Census 2, I found "James R. Wyatt: possibly the son of James Ricks WYATT (b. 1765 in North Carolina, died 1835 in Holmes County, MS), and the grandson of Francis or Frank WYATT (b. 1735 in Halifax County, NC, died before 1784 in Chatham County, NC). If this is so, the Frank/Francis who appears in the census with him is probably his brother." Could this be the same Ricks Wyatt that settled in Lincoln County,KY with his brothers, William and John, that was referred to in the PIONEER FAMILIES OF MISSOURI? I would like more info on these families and connections. Looking forward to any info possible. Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions