Search for content in message boards

Lindenan, Lindeman

Lindenan, Lindeman

JJS54 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2000 7:34AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:58AM GMT
Seeking information on the Lindenan or Lindeman family. Know they were German, but don't know what area.

Lindemann

BRiecke (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2000 10:28PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2002 4:49PM GMT
I am searching the Lindeman/Lindemann family, also. My grandfather, Claus Lindemann, came from Germany in the late 1800's. I don't know the name of his parents or his siblings. I don't know where in Germany he came from. I'd like to know more.

Lindemann

LCowley6097 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 12:24PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 12:22AM GMT
I have a Lindemann in my family tree. My tree starts with Frederick Born April 28, 1830 Germany. He married Fredericka Frietag in 1858. they left soon after they were married for America. They have five children. Adala, August, herman, emily, Mary. They were in the Dodge Cty. area of Wisconsin. Let me know if this ring a bell with anyone. thanks Lisa

Lindemann

BRiecke (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 9:23PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2002 4:49PM GMT
The names that you mentioned in your message of April 16 do not sound familiar. My Lindemann family settled in Missouri. Claus Henry Lindemann was born in 1864 in Germany and became an American citizen in 1904 in Pettis County Missouri. He married Lydia Martha Monsees in 1899 in Pettis County Missouri.

Re: Lindenan, Lindeman

jennifersheldon73 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi! I am in search of my grandmothers family from Germany . Also Lindemans. Do you have any info at all? I would love to find out.
Thanks,Jennifer

Re: Lindenan, Lindeman

Jenny (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2004 7:10PM GMT
Thanks for message re above names. My friend was helping me try to locate my birth father who was either a Lindenan or Lindenau. I am so sorry not to have any information which would be of any use to you as I am still searching.

Re: Lindemann

vickymeadham (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2010 2:17PM GMT
It dosent but if you find out anything please let me know im looking for information about my grandfather who was george w lindemann

rlindemann46 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2011 9:56AM GMT
Hello,

my name is Lindemann.

My ancestors lived in Prussia, now part of Schleswig-Holstein.

I'm back to 1640.

Do you speak German?

Best regards

R. Lindemann

EdithLindemann (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2013 4:38PM GMT
Surnames: Lindemann, Nielson, Danielson
My Lindemann family were from Prussia and Denmark. I have Wilhelm who was born abt 1803, who married Elsie Danielson from the Faroe Islands and had a son Anton F A lindemann in 1858. Anton and Maren Othillie Nielson came to Britain, married and settled around the Newcastle area.

This is my fathers parents whom we know nothing about really.

Anyone out there connected??

rlindemann46 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2013 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: Lindemann
Dear name base,

I'm afraid I see no connection. But Prussia is - was - great. That's a little bit vague. My ancestors (starting about 1600) were from the Herzogtum Lauenburg which is a part of Schleswig-Holstein.

Regards,

Roswitha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions