Search for content in message boards

GREENBURY COPAS-AYERS-McDANIEL-TAYLOR-ODLE-EASTER-COWBOY COPAS

GREENBURY COPAS-AYERS-McDANIEL-TAYLOR-ODLE-EASTER-COWBOY COPAS

MATTHEW JOHNSON (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COPAS, AYERS, McDANIEL, TAYLOR, ODLE, EASTER
GREENBURY COPAS,JONATHAN SR.& KISIAH(KEZIE)COPAS-maiden name TAYLOR,JONATHAN JR.& ROZELLA(ROSE)COPAS-maiden name AYERS,JERRY & RACHEL AYERS-maiden name McDANIEL,HARRIET MARIAH COPAS-married name possibly EASTER,COWBOY COPAS---ALL OF ADAMS CO.
WHEELER & MINTA(MINNIE)COPAS-maiden name ODLE who lived at 2108 8thST.PORTSMOUTH,OHIO-MINNIE WAS ORIGINALLY FROM FRIENDSHIP,SCIOTO CO. & WHEELER WAS ORIGINALLY FROM ADAMS CO.
WILLIAM ODLE-OF SCIOTO CO.
ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE RELATED TO EACH OTHER.CAN ANYONE ADD ANY MORE INFO????????????????

Greenberry Copas

Terry Church (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Taylor, Copas, Easter, Colvin, Grooms, Rothwell
I have that Greenberry Copas m;Mary Grooms.Children I have are Thomas b; August 1787 in Va.,m;Margaret Grooms,November 19,1812.Ten children to this union.
Second is Harriet Mariah Copas b;May 12,1792 m;James Ayres Easter,April 12,1827.Nine children.
I have a small file,about 140 individuals,on this Taylor-Easter-Copas-Rothwell line.Would be willing to exchange info with all interested parties.Please e-mail me if interested,as I don't often check this site.

Copas/Grooms

Ken Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Copas, Kelley, Grooms, Statterfield
Adams Co, Ohio

Cowboy Copas

MartySaylor (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2002 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Storer
Lester Vernon Storer whose stage name was NATCHEE THE INDIAN was National fiddling champion during the depression years. Cowboy copas played with him. I have a professional picture of Copas with Natchee. They were both from Adams County. Would share what little info I have.

COWBOY COPAS

GRUMPA001 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2001 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: COPAS, ROGERS
My father, Jesse Leroy Rogers, went to school with Cowboy
Copas in Adams County. I was wandering if you had any information or pictures of their school days.
Thank you in advance,

Allen Leroy Rogers

COWBOY COPAS

GRUMPA001 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2001 3:15PM GMT

Bloody Bridge Easters

Stephen Emery (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Easter
Dear Terry,

My wife is an Easter descendant.

The James Ayres Easter you mention above is a man of some repute in the local history. James married Harriet Maria Copas in Adams Co, OH, April 12, 1827.

As noted in "A History of Adams County, Ohio from its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time including Character Sketches of the Prominent Persons Identified with the First Century of the County's Growth and Containing Numerous Engravings and Illustrations" by Nelson W. Evans and Emmons B. Stivers, published in West Union, Ohio by E.B. Stivers (1900) at p. 481:

Tiffin Township

"Bloody Bridge." In 1876 the present wooden bridge over Ohio Brush Creek at Satterfield's on the Rome pike was erected,
and its completion was celebrated with a picnic and dance in the new structure, which then was known as the Forge Dam
bridge. During the day Simon Osman and his two sons, who resided near by, and James Easter and his son, also residents of the vicinity, between whose families there had been ill feeling for years, got into a fight in which Simon Osman was stabbed to death by James Easter and he was injured for life by one of Osman's sons. John Easter, the son, was severely stabbed by one of the Osman boys. There was so much blood spilled in and about this bridge in this conflict between the Osmans and the Easters on that September day that it has ever since been known as "bloody bridge."

I have more information on the ancestry and family of James Ayres Easter. Contact me privately for more information.

Sincerely,

Stephen Emery
scemer01@athena.louisville.edu

easter

stoxx55 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2002 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Easter, Nelson, Oster
I was looking for Nelsons in Adams CO OH, but I was wondering if we stem from the same bunch of Easters (originally Osters). My ruts appear to stem from Franz Oster (in the Frederick CO MD area in the 1760s, and apparently related to the George Oster/Anna Barbara Bruner lot). However, there was another migration around 1770 from Germany (Valentine Oster et al). By 1810, most of the people were using "Easter" although my ancestors reverted to Oster when they got to MO.

Victoria A. Smith

Re: Cowboy Copas

Rebecca (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2001 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Storer
Do you know if there was an Anna Storer ? I am looking for information on my ggreat grandmother Anna Storer Foster. She lived in Missouri with her husband Abraham Lincoln Foster and 12 children. I do not know where she was born or who her parents were. Her grandson Willard Coontz (Koontz) (aka) Wild Bill Foster (aka) Willard "Bill" Coontz (Koontz)
was a stunt man and movie star in the 50-70's , he was the son of Jesse Ruth Foster Koontz. Have you ever heard of these people? I have hit a brick wall with this side of my family and any information would b greatly appreciated!

Re: COWBOY COPAS

NORMACOPAS80 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2001 1:40AM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2001 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: COPAS YOUNG
CAN YOU TELL ME IFYOU HAVE A SOLOMON COPAS IN YOUR TREE..HE WAS FROM ADAMS COUNTY AROUND BLUE CREEK. HE WAS MY HUSBANDS GREAT GRANDFATHER..PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN..
NORMA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions