Search for content in message boards

Kelly Banks and Anna Bell Little, Fannie Banks

Kelly Banks and Anna Bell Little, Fannie Banks

Lynn Banks (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2004 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for any information on this family. Kelly Banks was born abt 1875 and married Anna Bell Little born about 1881. Fanny Banks was Kelly's mother and apparently was not married when she had Kelly. Kelly and Anna Bell had a son named Joe who is buried in Evans Cemetery. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Kelly Banks and Anna Bell Little, Fannie Banks

FredMorris44 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2004 2:18PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Banks, Hollon, Maloney
I have a Fannie Banks born about 1859 dau./o David Banks and Sally Hollon. Could that be the Fanny you refer to?

Lynn Banks (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2004 1:54AM GMT
Yes it is. David Banks was married twice and Fannie was from his first marriage. He also had a daughter named Rebecca from his first marriage. Either Fannie or Rebecca or maybe both had children out of wedlock. One of the two was the mother of Kelly Banks m. Anna Bell Little which was my husband's great-grandparents. I just haven't figured out which one was Kelly's mother. Rebecca had a child according to Wolfe Co births 6/22/1878 by the name of Ervine. At the time of Ervine's birth Rebecca was not married and I can't yet find a record of her marriage. I also can't yet find a record of Kelly's birth to show who his mother was. I have Kelly's date of birth as being 8/18/1875. That is the one year that was not listed in Wolfe Co Births. At least not in the one book I found. I am still in the process of searching Wolfe Co records but I don't get to go to the library very often.

FredMorris44 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2004 1:04AM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Banks, Little, Maloney, Morris, Taulbee
Is the Anna Bell Little you identified a daughter of Willie and Elle (Taulbee) Little? If so, she had a sister named Nora who married my uncle Sampson Maloney. They lived on Holly Creek all their lives.

Fred Morris

Lynn Banks (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2004 3:44AM GMT
I don't know who her parents were. The next time I get to go to the library I will look for that information specifically and try to find out. I have heard the name of Sampson Maloney. There is a Myrtle Maloney that is related to Sampson Maloney and she is a friend of mine. She has a son that is in KY National Guard and he was one of my best friends. Most of my own family originates around Breathitt Co and Holly Creek and some of the hollers around close to Holly. Charity Hollon from on Holly was my ggggg-grandmother. Twice. Cousins married cousins. I am also related to Brewers and Taulbees and Hattons also from the same area.

KELLYWBANKS (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2007 12:37PM GMT
my ggrandfather is kelley bruce banks born 1863 breathit ky. i do not have any info on his mother, but his father was listed as either samuel or henry. he was also married twice but i do not have info on his first wife but his second was martha washington deaton. if it helps let me know also if anyone has any info it would be a big help.

rats41 (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2007 11:49PM GMT
I looked up Kelly Bruce Banks on the WWI Draft Registrations
cards and found the following: Kelly Bruck Banks, 10 March
1883. In 1918 he worked at the Riverside Coal Co., as a
miner. Next of kin was Martha Banks and they lived at Jackson
Ky. He was of medium height, medium build, had brown eyes and
Black hair. Are you sure your "1863" date is correct. Thought this might help you some. Sara C./Ohio
(No relation)

K Large (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2008 7:47PM GMT
I believe your Kelly may have been the son of Fannie Banks' sister, Rebecca. An 1880 census shows both Fannie and Rebecca living with their mother (Sally) in Wolfe County along with Sally's 4 grandchildren Kelly, Irvin, Franklin, and William H. Banks. Also, Sally's other children Mahala, Lydia and Martha. The following shows Fannie's children.
• Name: Fannie Banks
• Sex: F
• Birth: 15 SEP 1857 in Holly, Breathitt Co., Kentucky
• Death: 1900
• Note:
bur. Lacy Creek Cemetery, Wolfe Co., KY. *
Birth info from Kentucky Birth Records, 1852-1910 by Kentucky Dept. for Archives and Libraries. Her parents listed, but mother's first name spelled Sariah.
1860 census Lawrence Co., KY. (p 5330 P.O. Louisa. Fanny Banks, WF 3, b. Breathitt Co., KY. Living w/parents.
1870 census Wolfe Co., KY. (p 417) Pct 2. Fannie Banks, WF 11, b. KY. Living w/parents.
1880 census Wolfe Co., KY. ED 115, p 36. Pct 2. Fannie Banks, WF 22, single, b. KY, parents b. KY. Living w/mother.
1900 census Wolfe Co., KY. ED 97, p 2. Dist 6. Fannie Banks, WF 42, b. Apr 1858, b. KY, parents b. KY. Living w/her: children Monroe, Charlotte, Lizzie M. and Willie and a boarder Marion Banks.
Death/burial info from correspondent Dona Meadows.
[Also Nathan Banks, b. 31 Jul 1880, born out-of-wedlock, may also be her son]

Father: David Banks b: ABT. 1803 in Tennessee
Mother: Sarah Hollon b: ABT. 1810 in North Carolina

Marriage 1 Alexander Preston Lacy b: 8 JUN 1834 in Kentucky
Children
1. James Monroe Banks b: 26 MAY 1882 in Kentucky
Marriage 2 Little
Children
1. Charlotte Banks b: ABT. JUL 1887 in Kentucky
Marriage 3 Jim Rose
Children
1. Elizabeth May Banks b: ABT. JUL 1894 in Kentucky
Marriage 4 Willie Lane
Children
1. Willie Banks b: 14 SEP 1899 in Kentucky

Cammie_Nussbaum (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2008 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Banks, Brooks
I think this is the line I have been trying to get more information on, particularly, Rebecca's sister Martha Banks, I have also read that Martha Banks had a brother named Greenberry Banks, If this is the same Martha, she married twice I think, the last time to Daniel Noble, Martha also had several children out of wedlock, one of those children is my friends grandmother, I have seen many birth records and death certificiates for children (9) of Rebecca Banks, fathered by George W Carson, at least that is what the records state. Is this possibly the same line? If so, do you know anything more about Martha Banks?

K Large (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2008 4:46PM GMT
Rebecca was Martha's mother not her sister. I don't know anything about Rebecca's children. Her brother William Banks is where my family line branches off. Rebecca was one of 21 children born to David (1803/TN) and Sarah (Hollon) (abt.1810/NC) Banks. Rebecca was born in Breathitt County 10/19/1859. I think she was about the 18th child. Rebecca's grandparents were William (abt.1777/NC) and Sarah (abt.1777/PA) (Wadkins) Banks.

I'll look at what I have printed to see if I can find any other information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions