Search for content in message boards

Johannes Kohler 1750-1822 my ggggggrandfather

Johannes Kohler 1750-1822 my ggggggrandfather

Dvecho_1 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2011 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: kohler, kaylor kayler caylor kinsie kinzie barnhart holderman
Looking for links. I have much info on Johannes Kohler aka John Kayler/Kaylor/Caylor(final change). I have records and stories however some are very conflicting and different. I have Johannes born in Germany in 1750 to Jorg and Maria Kohler. He immigrated to america in 1767 and married shortly thereafter. He may have married a woman named Magdalena Barnhart and they had 8-10 children. (Elizabeth, John, Peter, Catherine, Daniel, Samuel, Mary, Magdalena. Wife died in 1790, whereupon he took a much younger wife in 1792 named Salome Kinzie, to some known also as Sarah Kinzie(kinsey). She became mother to the youngest children but also had about 10-11 herself(David, Elisabeth, Joseph, Phoebe(married to Holderman),Abraham, Isaac,Elias, Henry, Catherine, Michael and Jacob). Johannes is known to have migrated from Pennsylvania to Virginia and eventually to OH. He purchased much land (deeds in montgomery co OH verify). Trying to find out who Magdalena is, need marriage verified. who parents are? Any help out there????

Re: Johannes Kohler 1750-1822 my ggggggrandfather

maryannpetro (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2012 7:56PM GMT
Magdalena Barnhart, b. VA 1750. Mother of all children you list Asa well as Jacob Caylor, b.1817, d.1847. I have the marriage took place in PA, but have no doc. to prove it. She is my 5th ggrandmother. My only source citation on her is the American genealogical-Biographical index.
I just found a record on Sarah Salome Kinzie, daughter of Henry Kinsey &Eve Wampler, b.1774; m. 14 June 1792
Hope this is good. Write again. I have more info.

Dvecho_1 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2012 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Kohler, Caylor, Kaylor
Some of this info is incorrect. Magadelena Barnhart could not have been the mother of Jacob since she had deceased in 1790. Sarah (Salome) was his mother. Which line do you descend from? I have a lot of info on descendents.

maryannpetro (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2012 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: Caylor, Kohler, Kinsey, Lease, Etcher Moore, Mc Laughlin
You are right. Sarah Salome Kinzie is his mother. I have been stuck for some time because the Jacob Caylor I have married to Barbara Lease. is born in 1817 while his children are born in the 1770's--major disconnect. I checked the families who also have this configuration and I found another Jacob Caylor born in 1741 with children matching the ones I have. The other trees have no source citations except other family trees.. If I can connect that Jacob Caylor to my tree, here is the line from Johannes Kohler down to me.

Johannes Kohler=Sarah Kinzie-Jacob Caylor1841=Barbara Lease1735-1807-
Adam Caylor1776-1841=Susan Etcher-John P Caylor1800-1879=Rachel Moore-Elizabeth Caylor1835-1878=David Mc Laughlin, my great-grandfather.
Thank you. Mary Ann

Dani Stoughton (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2013 7:05AM GMT
Surnames: kaylor, caylor, kohler, koehler
My husband is a very distant grandson of johannes and i have traced it kinda far if we put our heads together we might be able to figure this out i have some info on magdelena and sarah kinsey and lower and higher. the name that stuck through our end is Kaylor, from allegan mi. my email is danistoughton@gmail.com and my face book is D.j. Stoughton, id love to connect with others and expand our tree

Dani Stoughton (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2013 7:07AM GMT
My side is disending from Johannes and sarahs son henry, and down the line from there

Dvecho_1 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2013 8:51AM GMT
I have much relating back to Johannes Kohler. I haven't worked on it in months, I might get back to it this weekend. If you have gaps or need to know anything, my email is dvecho@msn.com or same here on ancestry Dvecho_1.
Valerie

caylorkenneth (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2013 11:34PM GMT
hi im Kenneth caylor im trying to locate my originating ancestor to u.s. I am a grandchild of William orleigh green caylor son of john caylor most of my family live in Mississippi and Missouri areas I live in Oklahoma. I am told by family that we are descendant of Johannes kohler?any help would be great thank you.

Dvecho_1 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2013 5:34AM GMT
I have some information regarding a Johannes Kohler (aka Caylor)who arrived in US and made his way across to Ohio. I seem to be having trouble accessing my family trees at this time. I have a paper which tells about Johannes Kohler. My email is dvecho@msn.com. email me and I will send it as an attachment, I think you will find it very interesting and hopefully helpful. Valerie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions