Search for content in message boards

Robert Franklin Henderson of York Co., SC and NC

Robert Franklin Henderson of York Co., SC and NC

jomilu (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2011 5:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Henderson, Millen, Adams, Mendenhall
For those looking for info on Robert, yesterday I found the estate files for Abi R. Henderson (died 1911) in Gaston Co., NC. In these papers were her family members, including information on Robert F. Abi was the daughter of William A. Henderson (and mother, Mary Mendenhall). Included were William's siblings, Robert F., John Wilson, Archibald (died in Texas), Mary C. (married Ebenezer Adams), and Patsy (married William Millen). Mary C. (Henderson) Adams, who died in 1911, had the only death certificate listing the names of both her parents, James M. Henderson and Mary Hays, both of York Co., SC. This file had to be one of the most concise listing of descendants of the original Henderson siblings and their descendants. Including handwritten notes by W. T. Adams, son of Mary C. and Mettatine Henderson Crump, daughter of Robert F., the file is large (but missing her will). Abi's representatives did an excellent job locating all descendants (Abi was single) for an equitable distribution. After searching through many Henderson estate files, this was the only file that was loaded with genealogical information and I thought I should share.

Btw, a number of Henderson, Adams and Millens are buried in Olney Cemetery in Gaston and can be found on findagrave.com. I will also be posting this on the Gaston board.

Thanks for reading!

Re: Robert Franklin Henderson of York Co., SC and NC

nealcash60 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2011 8:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Webb
Thanks so much! How did you go about getting this info? I'm trying to find information on Webb family in Gaston formerly Lincoln Cty NC. I live in GA and I'm not trusting what I'm seeing.

I need a James L Webb as a child. If this is my James L. Webb, why did he move to GA? Did He? If he didn't why does he not show up in the 1880 census in NC? So many Webbs he Weaves! sorry couldn't resist.

1870 - he's in Mecklenburg, NC
1880 - Big Creek, Forsyth Co. Georgia
1900 - South Pt. Gaston Co. NC
1910 - South Pt. Gaston Co. NC
1920 - South Pt. Gaston Co. NC

Any help appreciated. Neal
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions