Search for content in message boards

Capps, Lane, Welch, Fergerson, Ledbetter Tatum, Tx

Capps, Lane, Welch, Fergerson, Ledbetter Tatum, Tx

donnalyon72 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2003 5:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Capps, Lane, Welch, Fergerson, Ledbetter
Looking for info on the fly of Walter(Walton) Ansel(Ancel) Capps and Sydney A. Lane. Walter married Amie Welch. I think this was his 2nd marriage. He may have been married to Cyntha Ledbetter in Arkansas originally. His son, Walter A. Capps, Jr. married Pearl Fergerson. Sydney A. Lane was possibly the son of Byrd Lane and Martha J. Ledbetter. Both of these families came to Rusk Co from Arkansas. Sydney A. Lane and his wife, Emma Fergerson are buried in the Stewart Cem. I think these families lived around the Tatum, Tx area. Any info appreciated.
Donna Lyon

Re: Capps, Lane, Welch, Fergerson, Ledbetter Tatum, Tx

velma186 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2004 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: welch dixon capps
Anderson Capps married my grand mother Amie Welch Dixon,around the early 1900's in Tatum ,the house they lived
in is still standing just outside of Tatum on HWY 43 N, I have been searching for my grandfather who was Amie's 1st. husband. they had 4 sons Ace,Walt,John(my father) and
Murph was born in Tatum in 1901. My grandfathers name was William David Dixon born around 1872 and I guess died
just before or soon after Murph was born. Mr. Capps is buried
in Vinson Cemetery in Rusk county,Texas. Amie is buried in
Tatum City Cemetery. I don't remember Mr. Capps ,but I do
have a picture of him. He and Amie had 3 children,Mary,
Anderson Jr. and Albert, Mary died in Longview,Texas
around 1965, Uncle Jr. Died around 1999 and a month later
his wife Pearl died.I have not seen or heard from Uncle Albert
since my father John died in 1961 and I was only 10 yrs
old at that time . In your search for your relatives if you find out were in Arkansas they came from please email me . I
have come to a stand still with William David Dixon

Donna Lyon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2004 10:03AM GMT
Surnames: Capps, Ledbetter, Welch, Fergerson, Lane, Dixon
Velma,
Thank you so much for your response. I had seen that there was a grandson, Ray M. Dixon, living with Walter A. and Amie in the 1930 Rusk Co, census. Do you know whose son this is? Also, I found this mg in Panola Co, Tx which confused me. Is this your Amie? Mrs Amy Turner m. A. W. Capps 08 Apr. 1907, Bk H p 429, Panola Co., Tx. In the 1910 Rusk Co. census Walter and Amie are listed as having a son, Murphy, 10. I'm assuming this is the Uncle Murph you are referring to. My Ledbetter family came from several areas in Arkansas. They were in Bradley, Cleveland, Dallas, and then around 1880 some of them migrated to Hot Spring Co, Ar. I will check to see if I can locate William David Dixon for you. Can you give me any info on his sons? Birth etc? This week is hectic for me, but I'll work on it as soon as I can. It's exciting to hear from someone working on this line. I was just contacted by someone else living in Longview, Tx who is researching Robert E. Capps, son of Walter Ancel or Anderson and his first wife Synthia Ledbetter. You can contact me here again or directly at my email dlyon111@bellsouth.net. Looking forward to hearing from you. Donna

Velma Titsworth (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2004 12:45PM GMT
Donna,
Thank you for your reply also, William and Amie Dixon

edwdixon5 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2009 2:58PM GMT
My grandfather was Edward Dixon, born in Tatum in 1888.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions