Search for content in message boards

Daniels/ McCaa Vivian Yondale Little Rock Ark

Daniels/ McCaa Vivian Yondale Little Rock Ark

gorgesalazar (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2005 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2005 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Daniels
I am looking for any of my mothers family, all I know is that my mother was born Nov. 4th, 1933 I am not sure where maybe in Little Rock, Arkansas and she passed away on June 21,1977 in Santa Monica, CA. She married my dad when
she was 16 years old and his name is James Fredrick McCaa
he goes by Fred. They had five children and she was 17 years old when she got pregnant with her first. They lived in
Bakersfield CA with the first 4 children and when the 5th was
born they lived in Mar Vista,CA
Their Childrens names are:

James Daniel McCaa (Danny)
Anthony & Abigail McCaa (twins Tony & Gail)
Eugene Dale McCaa
Shawneyn La Verne McCaa

I know very little about my moms side of her family both her
parents and her siblings lived in Little Rock Arkansas as far
as I know. They only names I was given of her family are listed
below:

Thellie - her mother
Mildred - sister
Imagene - sister
Kenneth- brother
JC - brother (I think that is his name)
I am not sure but she might have one more sister.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I never got
to meet my Grandparents or any of her family members
and that is a shame. So any help I will take. Thanks
Shawneyn Moore

Re: Daniels/ McCaa Vivian Yondale Little Rock Ark

BBroadlick (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2005 4:06AM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2006 10:32PM GMT
I don't have personal knowledge but see that listed in Social Security Death Index is Thellie Daniel b 29 May 1896 died Dec 1979 Austin, Lonoke AR. Austin is in Lonoke Co but near Little Rock in Pulaski Co. If you feel this is your Grandmother suggest you contact a genealogy Society in both counties; ask for help in locating death records and obituaries. Members of the groups may also know your Aunts and Uncles. You may also want to write for the Social Security application of Thellie Daniel Good luck Beveree

shawneyn (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2006 11:55AM GMT
Thank you so much for your help Beverlee. If you don't mind I will let you know if I find out anything. Thanks again.
Shawneyn

Beverlee Broadlick (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2006 4:07AM GMT
Iin 1920 & 1930 census William Daniel, Thellie and family are in AR Johnson Co Spadra Twp. 1920 lists William, Thellie and daughter Mildred. 1930 lists William 35, Thetlie 34 Mildred 11, Roy/Ray 11 Nadine 7 Imogine 2. At some point the family must have lived in Nevada as both Thellie & Vivianwere issued their Social Security Cards there. You might want to write for their SS applications. I'd love to know what additional you have found Beverlee

1949Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2007 9:14PM GMT
Hi, I am related to you, through the DANIELS side. They lived in/around Clarksville, AR. Thellie is buried there. Thellie's husband was William Clayton Daniels & he was a brother to my great-grandmother Nancy Daniels GREEN. I find it really interesting about the McCaa name. One of my aunts, EmmaLee Green (Nancy's youngest daughter) married a Tommy McCaa. Same spelling, which is unusual. Please write me & we'll compare notes.

This is so interesting, as Mildred commented to her granddaughter that "she would take her secrets to the grave" & maybe this is part of it? Anyway, there are LOTS of us, & we would love to correspond. I was told about your post by another cousin near Visalia, CA. She is the daughter of Elmer DANIELS. He was Thellie's bro-in-law.

I'm in Bakersfield, CA. I spent this morning with some of Mildred's descendents. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jackie

1949Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2007 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Daniels/McCaa
Hi, I wrote a message last night but have a bit more for you. We are related thru Thellie's husband, Bill. He was brother to my grt-grma. I didn't know where Thellie died but I do know where she is buried. She is in Carter Cemetery, in Carksville, AR. Bill is buried in Arvin, CA. I do hope you get these posts & contact me. Bill was in WW1, got hit with mustard gas, had lung trouble ever since. We're anxious to hear from you.

Jackie in Bakersfield, CA

SharonHorton12 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2007 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: Daniels, Farmer
Jackie, what time frame were your Daniels in Clarksville, I have an Elizabeth Daniels, she was born around 1841 was told around Clarksville, i have no proof of that. She married a William Farmer and around 1900 were in Oklahoma. Thanks Sharon

1949Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2007 5:47AM GMT
Hi Sharon, mine were living in/around Newton & Johnson Counties from about 1882 til 1920, when E Bettis & Sarah Ellen Case Daniel died. I don't know that they ever went to OK, & I never heard of an Elizabeth. I have NO info on Bettis' family at all. Been looking high & low!

Jackie

gaeelee (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: Daniels/McCaa
hi all..and hi shawn...shawn...notice you havent logged on for awhile but hope to hear from you. just want to let all know i have a little more info from a few other sources and will be happy to send you that info. I would love to hear from any of you that are related, and would stay in touch with you via email...in the meantime, later on today i will log on here with some of the info that i do have. but like shawn, i know too little about my mother and its been like a shadow following me through life. she was a dear wonderful person. i always felt saddened too that none of her sisters (nadine or mildred) or other relatives made effort to stay in touch. anyway.......would love to hear from any....bye for now! gaeellee

Tommy and Emma McCaa

gaeelee (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 4:08PM GMT
hi jackie..just read your post about tommy and emma...facinating!..they are related to us on my dads side (McCaa)...tommy was cousin to my dad, and emma was my mom's (vivian) best friend at the time, and they remained so all through their lives.Wow! talk about small world! i have photo of tom and emma and my mom and dad having dinner at a restaurant (hawaiian) taken sometime in late 40's early 50's. my dad had a copy but emma gave me her original one when i visited her several yrs ago..she has since passed away..anyway, thought you would like to know this little bit of extra history.............gaeellee
hi again jackie...one more interesting point...my dad now lives in bakersfield...he moved there a little more than 10-12 yrs ago and of course, i have tons of mccaa relatives still living there. also, something thought you might like to know or already do....one of tom and emmas sons married a girl with same first name as me...and so there were 2 of us..dont know if they are still together.........ok,,gotta go......................gaeelee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions