Search for content in message boards

BEASLEY, BEAZLEY

BEASLEY, BEAZLEY

Bill Beasley (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
TRYING TO CONNECT JAMES BEASLEY OF GARRARD COUNTY--KENTUCKY(USA) TO THE FAMILY IN ENGLAND. JAMES BEASLEY DIED IN 1833 IN KENTUCKY CAME FROM ENGLAND BEFORE 1785.

Re: BEASLEY, BEAZLEY

Wilma Cullison (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2001 9:54PM GMT
In your search for Kentucky Beasleys, have you found a Jeptha Beasley, b. 1806 in KY., parents unknown? Wilma

JamesABeasley34 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2003 6:07AM GMT
My name is James A. Beasley. Father-Price Beasley, Grandfather-Owen Beasley. My great grandfather was John Beasley married to Sarah Springate inthe 1830's in or around Harrodsburg or Salvisa, Mercer Co. Ky. He had several children. They remained in Ky through the late 1800's. Other names in the family are Coovert, Crews, Springate. I have more data but will have to search the files if you are interested.

Wilma Cullison (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2003 10:27PM GMT
Dear Jim,
I am definitely interested if you have a Jeptha, b 1806, in your information, he was my gg grandfather and married Phebe Webster, 1829 in Fayette Co., KY., and moved into Crawford Co., IN, after my g grandmother, Sarah, was born in 1839. I have wondered if he might have had another name that was used instead of Jeptha, yet that was the name used for his marriage and after he came to Indiana. In the 1870 Census, he had remarried following the death of Phebe, and there was a John Beasley, age 40, living in that household; on earlier census records that name was not listed, I have wondered if that may have been a younger brother. Children listed as follows:
Rose, b Dec 8, 1836, KY.
Sarah, b. 1839, KY.,
Elizabeth Jane, b. Oct 7, 1841, IN
Martha, b. abt 1843, IN
William, b. abt 1845, IN
George, b. abt 1847, IN
My information is very sketchy at best, little was know of this family, it was from Sarah's death certificate that I found the names of Jeptha and Phebe Webster, and it didn't give the date of her birth. My grandmother died when I was very young but she had told me that some of her ancestors were captured by Indians, they managed to escape and were later married. I have read many books about Indian Captives hoping to find a name or clue to that family without any leads yet, it may be in the Ross line.
Thanks for your reply. Wilma Cullison

eldoradobrad (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2012 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: Beasley, Landiss, Smith
I have been not been able to find anymore about his parents either. I have an 1860 Census, Sterling, Crawford, IN & it shows John Beasley 30. No Phebe Webster by this time, though. I have not located him on the 1850 census. He moved to Crawford in 1846, per my family, maybe a book? He did buy land in Crawford in 1856. I think I have him on 1830 Census in Fayette, KY & 1840 Grant, KY.

I read something that may relate to the Indian Captive story you mentioned below. I have a Margaret Beasley b. 1831 that is their's, she married Minor W. P. Smith. Minor's father, Moses Smith was married to Francis Landiss & her side goes back to a William Landiss b. 1764 in Granville, NC rescuing a Mary Henderson b. ? & they later married around 1786. I'm don't know where it's referanced from. I read it at a landiss.com top of the pg. Rev. Wm. Landiss, sec. 6. I have a lot of info to go through & I'll get to it. Sounds like a good story though. BWM
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions