Search for content in message boards

TAVERNIER

TAVERNIER

Cara Yinger (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TAVERNIER, TAVERNOIR, LAMAR

Louis Tavernier Sr. was born in FRANCE he came to Calhoun prior to 1850. He married Pelagie (LAMAR) TAVERNIER. Her parents were some of the original FRENCH settlers in Calhoun around 1810 in the Deer Plain area. She is from DeJARLAIS/LAMAR families. Their children who lived to adulthood are Louis Jr., Aiken, and August. My question is does anyone know where Louis or Pelagie are buried. I have a cousin from Calhoun who swears Louis is buried in Greene Co. If anyone knows of the location I would be grateful. I would also like to share info on these famiies. Thank you, Cara Yinger.

Re: TAVERNIER

dbsdcc (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2008 6:32PM GMT
Aloha, my name is Mary Theresa Gonzales and my gandparents were Lee Tavernier and Mary (S(C)enters. I am looking doe there relatives.

Thanx, Theresa

lagk1961 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2008 2:38PM GMT
Hi Theresa,

I can help you with Mary Center. BTW, I noticed on your Family Trees on Ancestry.com that you have the wrong Tavernier family in the 1920 census. Lee and Mary are found in Hardin, Calhoun Co, IL, the last name is indexed in Ancestry as "Tavener".

Mary Center was the daughter of Charles W. Center and Mahalia Katherine Craigmiles. Mary is found living with her widowed mother (Kate M. Center) in 1910 in Union, White Co, AR. She is listed as "Mollie".

Katherine Craigmiles was the daughter of James W. Craigmiles and Levisa Wilder. I descend from Katherine's brother, William Henry Craigmiles.

According to the Marriage Register, the parents of Charles Centers were Henry C. Center and Mary Clark. It also states that he was born in Cass Co, IL and was 31 at the time of this marriage on 14 May 1896 in Kampsville, Calhoun Co, IL. I have no further information on Charles Center.

I have more information regarding the Craigmiles family. Please email me directly so we can go into more details.

Laura Kenney

TreeinHawaii (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2008 12:08AM GMT
Aloha Laura,thanks for the info..I didn't get your direct email address.

Theresa

merkala (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2012 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Tavernier, DeGerlia, Tucker
My great-grandpa was August Tavernier and his wife was Jeannette Tavernier (DeGerlia). They had my grandma Dorothy Tavernier (Tucker) who married John Myers Tucker. I just started doing genealogy for all 4 branches of my family and there isn't hardly anyone left on the Tavernier side I can talk to and get information. I know we were supposed to be from Marseilles France and came through Quebec Canada. I would love to get any information you have and share the little bits I have.

merkala (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2012 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Tavernier, DeGerlia
I might be able to find out where they are buried...I live about 80 miles from Calhoun/Greene Counties in IL. I would be more than willing to help you. Also I would love the info on family you have and could share mine. My personal email is merkala@gmail.com

merkala (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2012 2:28AM GMT
Just wanted you to have the cemeteries in Calhoun County IL including Hardin IL:

Calhoun County, Illinois Cemeteries

Cemetery Name

Aderton Cemetery

Located in Point Township
SW quarter of the SE quarter of Section 1, Township 13 South, Range 2 West.
The cemetery lies ¼ - 1/3 mile North of Brussels IL on a point
overlooking Metz Creek and the Illinois River valley
Map

Anderson Cemetery

Christville Cemetery

Dixon Cemetery

East of Hamburg-Batchtown Highway

Farrow Cemetery

Kampsville

Fox Creek Cemetery

Hamburg Precinct, Section 3

Fuller Twitcher Cemetery

Gresham Cemetery

South of Hamburg

Hamburg Cemetery

From the West side of Hamburg at Water Street turn East onto Pleasant Street for about 2 blocks then turn North onto State Street. State Street is a narrow road that goes up a hill to the cemetery which overlooks the river
(thanks to Michael L. Howland for these directions!)

Hardin City Cemetery

Hardin

Hetzer Cemetery

located in Point Precinct

Hillcrest Cemetery

3 miles east of Belleview

Indian Creek Cemetery

According to the Illinois State Genealogy Society, Indian Creek Church and Cemetary is located in Michael, on the West side road.

However, according to researcher Opal Webster Burgess, it is located on the west side of the county in Section 12, 1 mile
South of Hamburg

Ingle Cemetery

On Hoemmen Lane near Beechville on the Mississippi River Road approximately 4 1/2 miles south of Batchtown

Long Cemetery

North of Belleview

Lynn Cemetery

Location - Sec. 31, SW corner of Carlin Precinct, near Ralph C. Becker's home

Macker Cemetery

McConnell Cemetery

Section 2, Belleview Precinct

Minesinger Cemetery

Point Precinct

Mount Hope Cemetery

Mount Hope Cemetery

Oak Grove Cemetery

Located between Hardin and Indian Creek Cemetery at the Old Oak Grove School.

Plummer Cemetery

Poor Cemetery

Section 8, Belleview Precinct

Retzer Cemetery

Located on East Panther Creek Road about 3 miles west of IL Rte. 100

Saint Anselm Cemetery

Kampsville

Saint Barbara Cemetery

Saint Josephs Cemetery

Meppen

Schumann Cemetery

Silver Creek Cemetery

north of Kampsville

Smith Cemetery

East Panther Creek

Smith Cemetery

south of Hardin

Spear Cemetery

North of Kampsville

Summit Grove Cemetery

2 miles west of Kampsville on Highway 96

Wilson Cemetery

Joseph Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2013 4:22AM GMT
my great gf was Ferdinand Tavernier,my mother was his son Lees daughter,she said she had an aunt Dorothy who was married to a Tucker, do you know anything about the family,my mother left me when I was only 5,would like to know my other family.

Joseph Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2013 4:22AM GMT
my great gf was Ferdinand Tavernier,my mother was his son Lees daughter,she said she had an aunt Dorothy who was married to a Tucker, do you know anything about the family,my mother left me when I was only 5,would like to know my other family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions