Search for content in message boards

Brunson/Cotton family

Brunson/Cotton family

tgatlin5301 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 1:58PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2003 2:12AM GMT
I am searching for information on Emily Brunson from Enterprise, AL. who married Seth Avan Cotton, they had 8 children. Charlie, Ellie, Rubic, Lucy, Emma (died at 3 mos), Massie Fate, Avelina Andrew (my grandfather.) She died during childbirth and is supposed to be buried at Cool Springs Church Cemetery in Coffee Co. Al. (Could not locate this grave.) She is in the 1870 census with the family but not in the 1880 census of Dale Co AL. Seth Avan Emily are my gr grandparents, they lived in Dale Co.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
TCG

Emily Brunson

S.D.Marsh (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2000 4:18AM GMT
Tina:

I believe your Emily may be the oldest daughter of Jonathan J. Brunson and Rebecca Carter. Her full name was Elizabeth Jane Brunson, born abt 1844 according to census records. My great-grandmother Sarah Ann Brunson was one of her younger sisters and is also supposed to be buried at Cool Springs with her husband James E. Nichols whose mother was Harriett MaryAnn Cotton. I believe she is a daughter of Seth Joseph Cotton. Email me sdmarsh@flash.net and let's exchange info.

Sharon
visit my family website at
http://members.nbci.com/roadshome/

Re: Emily Brunson

Coffee_Alabama (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2007 3:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
If anyone is still researching these lines, I have photos of all the tombstones at Cool Springs as of Sept. 2007.

Re: Emily Brunson

lawanda7b (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2007 1:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brunson, Rutherford, Davis, Bond, Gibson, Parnell
Does anyone ever stop researching a family? I would love to have the photos you reference. My grandmother was a Brunson (b. Crenhshaw Co., AL) who married a cousin (Davis) from Dale Co. Other surnames in this family include: Rutherford, Daniel, and Bond. ALso had relatives in Pike Co. Thanks for sharing, my email address is elcourtney @ earthlink.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions