Search for content in message boards

James Luther Smith

James Luther Smith

DebbieShankleFarrow (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2004 1:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Oct 2004 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I am looking for information on a James (Jim) Luther Smith, born in 1854 in Henry County. He was married and had two small daughters, when his wife died. He moved to Texas and then Oklahoma. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: James Luther Smith

EarlYow (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2005 6:21PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2005 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
james luther smith was my g.father on my Mothers side. His two dauthers were Idell [my Mother and Anna Elizabeth[Bessie]. Mom had some half brothers and sisters in Tenn. and Mo., but I don't know to much about them. Would like to know more if possible. Earl

Debbie Shankle Farrow (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2005 11:01PM GMT
How nice to hear from you! My husband is your cousin. He was the second boy of Anna Elizabeth (Bessie) Farrow . If you would contact me at contrary52@yahoo.com I will give you our phone number as he would like to talk to you. Thank you. Debbie

deschmidt41 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2011 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Johnson, Johnston, Madden
I wonder if this is who you are asking about:
James Luther (Jim Lou) Smith b-1854 d-1932. Son of William Smith and Leah Elizabeth Johnson/Johnston. From my family records, it looks like James Luther Smith married Mary Lena Madden, had two children (William Luther & Dora Elizabeth), then Lena died in 1890. Then James Luther later married Josie Jernigan, and had two more children (Idell & Anna Elizabeth(Bessie). I think Anna Elizabeth (Bessie) was named after his sister who died in 1906. Having said all of that, William Smith and Leah Elizabeth are my Great, Great Grandparents on my mother's side. I have information on the Smiths of Henry County, Tennessee.

deschmidt41 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2011 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Jernigan, Yow, Walters
Hello,
I just posted some information about James Luther (Jim Lou) Smith. Plese read the post. I see Earl Yow on my family information. Spouse of Idell Smith, daughter of Josie Jernigan and James Luther Smith. I have more information if you are interested. James Luther Smith was my Great, Grandma's brother. Her name was Anna Elizabeth Smith who married William Henry Walters. They had 7 children. James Luther named one of his daughters after his sister- Anna, who died in 1906 giving birth to Rose Anna Walters.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions