Burris Family---Pennsylvania

Burris Family---Pennsylvania

ngfsg (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2000 11:22AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 9:11PM GMT
My mother was a Burris from Altoona, Pennsylvania
Her father was killed while working on the railroad
I am looking for any information about the Burris
family and trying to put a family tree together.
My mother's father's name was William Marshall Burris
and my grandmother was Minerva Lydia (Chubb)

Re: Burris Family---Pennsylvania

zoomdeb (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burris/Shipman/\Wilson
Hi- Looking for connections with any Burris/Shipman/Wilson in Penn. I know of Jefferson County, Allegheny County, but that is the extent. Any connections here? zoomdeb@hotmail.com

Lillian collins (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2002 3:04AM GMT
My mother's family were from Altoona area in PA. She had four sisters and one brother. Only one sibling survives. Don't know much about the brother's children because Bill died fairly young and his widow and children didn't come around much. I have tried to research my Mom's family but it is difficult with only one living sister who is 94 and somewhat confused.

Lolene Carter (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2003 7:02AM GMT
Do you know if you had anyone in the Burris family by the name of Charles? I am looking for my Great Grandfather. In a 1920 Cenus record from Colorado it says he was born in Pennsylvania around 1854 Any information would be great.
Thanks

wvmountain2 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2011 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: Burris
You might try checking the censes & try to find her at home before marriage [search by her name]. If you can get a copy of the original Social Security that was filled out when the Social Security card was gotten, you might find out where that person was born & the names of the parents. That is how I got my grandmother's parents & where she was born. Starting back in the very early 1800's, there was the Burris line in Juniata Co., PA. Then they started migrating in the mid & late 1800's. Getting my grandmother's info broke open a big brick wall & I got the Burris family way back. We may end up being related.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions