Search for content in message boards

Lost family members

Lost family members

Betty Miranda (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pierce, Adkins
Any information on these names please . Grandmother burried in cato cemetary unmarked grave . living realitives in mayflower and cato area , pulaski co.
~~~~~~~~~~

Note: Email address as posted - bmiranda@clnk.com - failed as of 9-16-00. --eb

Cato

Burnie Beavers (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cato, Beavers
We have James Cato, Willis Cato, William Cato and then Willis Cato. These Catos were in Faulkner, Van Buren and Conway County. Do these names sound familiar to you?

CATO lineage

janecato (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: CATO, PUGH
Seeking info re FRANCIS CATO, lived Scott County, AR, circa 1890, where son Henry Lee CATO was born; Married: Mrs. Matilda McNeely Cato (maiden name unk); Children of Henry Lee CATO and his wife, Mary Ellen (Della) PUGH Mahan Cato: George 1915-1978. Margaret CATO Holladay 1917- , Thermon H., 1920-1977, Vickie, 1922-, Hermon Elwood, 1924-1994, Harrol Ray, 1928-1965, Carrol Fay, 1928-; Harrol & Carrol were twins, Mary Ellen was a twin, her mother was a twin, and was a full-blood Choctaw, and her family was part of the Trail of Tears.

adkins family

harma (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
My great grandfather was Wm. Pulaski Adkins b.1644 m.Elizabeth Kaziah Power b. 1841 both lived/died/buried in Magnet Cove,Ark. His parents Thomas Nathaniel Akins and Elizabeth Chamberlain Adkins buried there, possibly from Lincoln Co. Tenn. Have more dates/names and of course descendant info...my mother was Adkins. Where is Pulaski County? Georgia?

Lost family members

Charles F. Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Cato
My maternal grandfather was John F. Cato. He was the son of William Cato, b. 1843 and Adriane Kenny, b 1844. Both were born in and married in Greene County, GA. John F. Cato had a brother, named Henry Cato. Henry Cato had about six children, one of whom was a daughter named Gay Cato. Gay Cato married S. L. Adkins in 1933 in Thomson GA. Gay died in 1978 and S. L. Adkins died in 1991. They had several children but I do not have their names before me. I think I can get them, if needed. I know one is named Ann and she is, or was, postmistress in Jewel, Hancock Co. Ga (where my mother was born in 1896.)

Pulaski County is about 60 miles south of Macon and 120 miles from Greene Co. Hawkinsville is the county seat of Pulaski Co.

Re: CATO lineage

roy_polk (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2004 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Cato
Ray Cato, son of Henry Lee Cato and Della, born 23 Aug 1928 in Roland, Pulaski Co., AR. Ray married Wanda Lee Butler on 30 Dec 1946. Two children: Danny Ray Cato and Deborah Lee Cato Mitchell. Ray's date of death should be 2 Apr 1995, Hot Springs, Garland Co., AR. Last residence: Hot Springs Village, Garland Co., AR. Ray was retired military (Army) as well as High School Superintendent in Kingsland, AR. Wanda Lee is my 2nd cousin.
Thanks, Roy

Re: Lost family members

lilgatay (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2012 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Cato
I am Gay and Sherrons granddaughter. They had 6 children, Alice, Billy, Gene, Leon, Lib and Mike. All the children are still living most in Thomson Ga. I am Billy's daughter. Ann is Gene's wife that worked at the post office in Jewell. I hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions