Search for content in message boards

McCoy Family of Pike Co. KY

McCoy Family of Pike Co. KY

simplyustlc1 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2002 5:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:10PM GMT
Surnames: McCoy, Hatfield
I am looking for information on the McCoys of Pike county of which were the family of McCoys from the famous Hatfield and McCoy feud. I am told that I am a direct decendent of this family. thank you for any help.

Re: McCoy Family of Pike Co. KY

William McCoy (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2002 12:51AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:11PM GMT
Surnames: McCOY
If you can track your family to Daniel, son of William, your may be one of us fueders. What is your McCoy's name ?

simplyustlc1 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 6:07AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:11PM GMT
Surnames: McCOY, COLMEN, TUFTS
zelphia mccoy was my great great great grandmother she was married to barnett farmer colmen, there daughter was mary ann colman married to benjamin franklin tufts. does this sound like the right mccoy , i was told that zelphia mccoy was of the origianl family,

W McCoy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 11:25PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: McCOY
Zelphia is not a name that I have in the geneology at that time.

e-mail me direct and I will send you the material that I have around that time period.

juliemcobb (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2002 7:13PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: McCoy
Zilpha Mccoy is in family also but is not directly in the fueding family, i am not sure of your dates but it seems as if the McCoy family uses the same names over and over and over it is tuff keeping them strait but i do have this familys tree.

Ava Burkheimer (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2002 10:13PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:13PM GMT
Surnames: MCCOY
I am very interested in the family tree you have if it is of the true feuding family. My mother's great-great-great aunt was Rosanna McCoy, who had a relationship with a Hatfield during the feud. My mother's immediate family is located in Ohio - but descended from Pike Co., KY. My great grandfather was Carl McCoy, my grandfather Robert Ellis McCoy. Any info. would be much appreicated.

juliemcobb (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2002 11:04AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:14PM GMT
Surnames: MCCOY, PAYNE
hi, the family tree i have is on william mccoy and joanna payne, our mccoys are from ohio co, breckinridge co, daviess co areas. some went north to illinois, even with family memories of pike co fued i have found no link, i am not saying there is non sence ron and his family has not found old williams family as i know of could be there or could be bad memories in our family after almost 2 years of looking in our family tree who knows, like i have said so many times these familys have so many same names as williams for ex. it hard to keep them strait, if they dont use same name over and over for a family member they use bible names, have to say mccoys both pike and breckinridge familys were honest christians in there own way.

MaryannCurtis500 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2002 5:02AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: McCOY, TAYLOR, STONE
My Great Grandmother was Lousia Vicey McCoy, d/o Daniel McCoy and Margaret Taylor McCoy. I have been told that Daniel's father was William "Old William" McCoy and that Archibald was father of "Old William.

My Great Grandmother was bn ab l845 and married Anderson Stone in Logan Cty, WVA.

Do these names appear in your family genealogy?

Will appreciate any information.

Warm Regards,

Mary Ann mail: curtissmaryan87@hotmail.com

gerald hartman (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 6:26AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:16PM GMT
I am a direct desendant as well What would you like to know I have a lot of the history from there
oldestmage@hotmail.com

gerald hartman (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 6:28AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:17PM GMT
do you have any links between our family and the indian dawes rolls?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions