Search for content in message boards

Samuel Bryan Stoops, Vevey, Switzerland County, Indiana (1842-1911)

Samuel Bryan Stoops, Vevey, Switzerland County, Indiana (1842-1911)

glenehastings (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2003 6:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Samuel Bryan Stoops was my great-great-grandfather. His wifee was Nancy Huston Stoops (1845-1923). Their children included Hattie Stoops Hastings, my grandmother, Eugene Stoops later a prominant businessman in Vevey, & Minnie Stoops Phillips.
I;d be interested in sharing information about SBS's family, particularly his birthplace & anticedent ancestry

Re: Samuel Bryan Stoops, Vevey, Switzerland County, Indiana (1842-1911)

Bill Stoops (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2003 5:37PM GMT
Hi Glen
Sam was the son of Baruch and Anna Milburn Stoops. Grandson of William M. and Anna Oglevie Stoops of Greene Co. Pa. (Jollytown). William and Anna are burried on a mountain a couple of miles from Jollytown.
Baruch was the brother of my GGG Grandfather Eliakim Stoops. I have traced back to John Stoops D. 1771 New Castle, De.

estoops7522 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2006 9:55PM GMT
Bill Stoops
Have you been able to find a parent for John Stoops who married Judith Hussey? I find that John owning land by 1720, which is pretty early and before he was married. I strongly suspect that his tombstone was cut in error when they replaced it and that he was the John Stoops who was born in 1692, vs 1697. If so, he would fit into the Christopher line, instead of being alone out there. Comment.???
Ernest S Stoops dtsess@aol.com

BillStoops (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2006 1:05PM GMT
Ernest,
Contact me billstoops@earthlink.net
Thanks. Bill

Billstoops1 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2009 7:53PM GMT
My e-mail address has changed it is now, wds1940@yahoo.com

Billstoops1 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2010 6:50PM GMT
You can go to the Family Trees Tab and look up Stoops/Hussey you will find Samuel Bryan Stoops ancestry.

samstoops6 (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2011 3:53AM GMT
My family has been located in central Indiana for as long as I can remember, I was named after my father, who I think was named after some one else in our family. I would not be surprised If I was indirectly named after your great-great grandfather. Do you know any of his relatives.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions