Search for content in message boards

MATAUTIA

MATAUTIA

Hazel (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2003 7:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 8:38AM GMT
Surnames: Matautia
My grandfather is from Manu'a. He has blessed us with the last name Matautia. I know he has three brothers that are now deceased but I want to know more about where they got the last name from? Do we have a linked to western samoa. I want to know why there are so many Matautia people from upolu, savaii, manua and tutuila. Our last name came from Manu'a Ta'u.

Re: MATAUTIA

usofrancis (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2003 11:18AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 8:38AM GMT
Surnames: Matautia
hi just thought i would reply once i saw our last name there, we are blessed to have that last name too "Matautia". But our last name is from Sataua Savaii. I have a friend whose grandfather is from Fogasavaii and he says that the last name actually comes from there. Just alot of them have migrated to places like Sataua, Aleipata or Lona.
I hope i kinda helped, sorry but that's all i know..all the best with your search.

Hazel (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2003 5:22AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 8:42AM GMT
thanks for the reply...i was just trying to find the link between different Matautia's from different location. I don't know much but I know for sure it has something linked to the Tui manu'a...I will get back to you on that...
thnks....

usofrancis (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2003 12:59PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 8:39AM GMT
You can try our church website on www.familysearch.org and type in matautia and find out where your last name comes from. I get most of my information from there.

toliutofalevailoloatuimanua Liliu Mata'utia Avega (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2004 3:16AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 8:40AM GMT
Surnames: Louthequeen
lol.....well my aren"t we lost...My father passed in 1997 witht the title " Mata'utia" from Tau Manu'a. So far to my knowledge n understanding the Mata'utias r originally fr. Savaii Western Samoa..that's what we {Liliu matautias children} learned fr. their father Paramount High chief Mata'utia....so far before king tuimanu'a became human...lol..there was a man fr. savaii western samoa that came wanted a title name n a county fr. King tuimanua's appointees..so king tuimanua appoint him to live at a place called Falesoa in ta'u,that's where the village is divided in half . Si'ufaga n Luma in Tau Manu'a. His job was a guard at the Kings place called falesoa. That's right in the center of the village of Tau Manu'a, from the ocean to the mountain...n guess y its called falesoa " ole fale e soa ai maota o tupu " lol....Since kings ,tuimanu'a nafanua and other aikus of samoa already appointed each district n its village their paramount chiefs n high talking chiefs , there was only one that left without n thats the village of Afono,, so there king tuimanua ordered nafanua n the other aikus of samoa { Manua,Savaii, Tutuila n Upolu} to let Matautia live in Afono...but before all that grab they had one daughter that was still living in Tau Manu'a ''the matautias'' then she married the son of ala fr. faleasao,,, so instead of her using the last name ala she continue to used the given title Matautia fr king tuimanu'a, then she had one son n then the son became King Tuimanu'a Tauveve so that's how we have royal blood.....but who cares about that anyways.....lol we r all human .....till this day the village of tau is still separated Luma n Si'ufaga. well hazel hope this will help u some.....

Fiaautupu Tapuloa Seumanutafa (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2004 10:37PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 8:40AM GMT
So I have a question who is Tuimanu'a Tauveve's mom. What is her name, since I you gave me the father's name. I am also from Tuimanu'a Tauveve's side. Fouaimalo's greatx4 grand daughter. I would love to have it to add to my genealogy book for my children. Thks...Your name is the same as my niece.

plt (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2004 8:46PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2005 8:41AM GMT
If your geneaology book lists Fuali'i as Tuimanu'a Tauveve's father, then I believe his mother was Vailolo.

ptl

sanoi1 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2010 4:52AM GMT
Was there a daughter of this line by the name of Samalaulu that married a man by the name fa'asulu from faleasao?

lauinamat (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2011 10:11AM GMT
There is a website set up by Joseph Matua which outlines his family line & mentions all the names you mentioned & what they mean. Just google his name & you should find his page. Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions