Search for content in message boards

Felix Proulx dit Clement m. Anastasie Lamagdeleine-Ladouceur 1837

Felix Proulx dit Clement m. Anastasie Lamagdeleine-Ladouceur 1837

couimet (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2002 12:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Nov 2002 6:00AM GMT
Surnames: Lamagdeleine-Ladouceur, Proulx dit Clement
Anyone with Félix Proulx dit Clément married to Anastasie Lamagdeleine dit Ladouceur (Ladouceur dit Lamagdeleine) on 30 January 1837 on Ile Bizard?

How about the parents of Anastasie?

Proulx dit Clement marriages

Sharyn McGlinchey Hay (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2002 4:42AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 4 Dec 2006 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Proulx dit Clement, Meloche, Ladouceur, Pigeon, Joannet, Biroleau, Beaulne, Vallee, Aubin, Janvry-Belair, Brunet
I have the following Proulx dit Clement marriages. Post here if you need info on any of them (and don't just say "all").

Antoine m. Marguerite Brunet
Anatoine m. Archange Janvry-Belair
Charles m. Marguerite Aubin
Damase m. Melina Beaulne
Evangeliste m. Adeline Beaulne
Felix m. Marie Rose Vallee
Georges m. Marie Louise Beaulne
Jean Baptiste m. Marie Biroleau
Jean Charles m. Marguerite Joannet
Norbert m. Guillemine Pigeon
Simon m. Zoe Ladouceur
Thomas m. Angelique Meloche

Re: Proulx dit Clement marriages

couimet (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2002 11:49AM GMT
I have Antoine m. Archange Janvry-Belair in my file with parents and children but I don't birth/date dates for either of them. That would be nice.

What would be really nice too, is their children's info. I have Simon m. Zoe Ladouceur but no dates for either and no marriage date. I also have Elmire m. Elie Proulx but sorely lacking on dates here too. And then there's the other 11 children ...

I'd also be interested on your Proulx-Beaulne marriages ...

Nothing on Félix Proulx dit Clément married to Anastasie Lamagdeleine dit Ladouceur (Ladouceur dit Lamagdeleine) on 30 January 1837 on Ile Bizard? The parents of Anastasie?

Thanks for your help ...

Posted: 9 Nov 2002 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: Proulx-Clement, Quesnel, Pigeon, Ladouceur, Joannet, Aubin, Demers, Beaulne, Vallee, Poudret-Levigne, Janvry-Belair, Carrier, Beloche, Theoret, Biroleau
All I have on the Proulx dit Clement lines are these marriages of the men. I'll post *everything* I have and update if I find more. This not my area of research. The locations are abbreviated on the CD. If anything conflicts, either I made a simple typing error, the person who transcribed these records made an error, there is an error in the original, or your records are in error. The source of these is a CD published by the Maine Franco-American Genealogical Society titled "Newfam File, Various Franco-American Marriages, 1599-1984" and subtitled inside, "Marriages from Canadian Parishes with American Descendants." It is not exhaustive and is arranged alphabetically by males, not females. This CD is a *transcription* and should be checked against the original source.

Antoine Proulx-Clement (Jean Baptiste & Marie Biroleau) m. Marguerite Brunet (Hyacinthe & Marie Josephte Theoret) 14 Oct 1793, Ste. Genevieve, Mtl. (Montreal?)

Damase Proulx-Clement (Thomas & Angelique Meloche) m. Melina Beaulne (Jean Baptiste & Angleique Carrier) 7 Jul 1890, St. Scholastique

Evangeliste Proulx-Clement (Anatoine & Archange Janvry-Belair) m. Adeline Beaulne (Amable & Scholastique Poudret-Lavigne) 22 Sep 1856, St. Joseph du Lac

Georges Proulx-Clement (Felix & Marie Rose Vallee) m. Marie Louise Beaulne (Louis & Marguerite Demers [m. St. Joachim, Chute Bl.]) 22 Jun 1884, St. Philippe

Jean Charles Proulx-Clement (Charles & Marguerite Aubin) m. Marguerite Joannet (Joseph & Marguerite Pigeon) 25 Jul 1785, Recollet, Mtl.

Norbert Proulx-Clement (Simon & Zoe Ladouceur) m. Guillemine Pigeon ( Arsene & Delphine Quesnel) 1 May 1871, St. Laurent, Mtl.

Sharyn

ClaudePROULX32 (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2005 2:57AM GMT
Will you inform if you have the same datas for the following persons: My great Grand parents: and their children
All of them were residing in St-Augustin, Deux-Montagnes, Quebec, Canada as per Canada census 1881
THANK YOU...

Francois-Xavier PROULX b: 1829
M: Angélique Meloche
Birth: 1829 in [city], [county], Québec, Canada
Death: in [city], [county], Québec, Canada
Marriage abt 1851 in Ste-Scholastique, Deux-Montagnes, Que.Canada

Their children :
Francois-Xavier Proulx - Clement, male b: 1852 in St-Augustin, Deux-Montagnes, Québec, Canada Married with: Angelina Lebrun-Laforest, 7 July 1884 in Ste-Scholastique.

Damase PROULX - CLEMENT, male, b: 1857 in St-Augustin, Deux-Montagnes, Québec, Canada - married with: Melina BEAULNE, 7 July 1894 in Ste-Scholastique

Joseph Proulx , male , b: 1858 in St-Augustin, Deux-Montagnes, Québec, Canada

Délima Proulx F b:1861 in St-Augustin, Deux-Montagnes, Québec, Canada

Victoria Proulx F b: 1863 in St-Augustin, Deux-Montagnes, Québec, Canada

Mathias PROULX - CLEMENT, Male, B: 1865 in St-Augustin, Deux-Montagnes, Québec, Canada - married 19 Nov 1898 in Ste-Scholastiquewith: Alphonsine CARRIERE b: 1871

Asilda Proulx F b:1867 in St-Augustin, Deux-Montagnes, Québec, Canada

ESDRAS PROULX dit CLEMENT Male, b:10 Sep 1869 in St-Augustin, Deux-Montagnes, Québec, Canada
m: 28 Aug 1896 in St-Theodore d'Acton, Bagot, Que. with Sélima DUHAMEL, b: 18 Oct 1874

Trying to install GEDCOM ..I am a new amateur !!!

Subscriber to Ancestry.com etc etc etc...

Posted: 4 May 2005 8:42PM GMT
In your list you suggest that Thomas PROULX dit Clement Iwas married with Angelique MELOCHE..
... did they marry abt 1851 in Ste-Scholastique ?
What is Angélique's maiden name ? Names of heer father and mother ?
I have Francois Xavier PROULX who married Angelique MELOCHE abt 1851 in Ste-Scholastique...
As you have noted in my precedent message... I have Damase Proulx Clement ( son of Francois Xavier and Angelique Meloche) who married Mélina BEAULNE...
this info we both share...!!! Love that..
Conclusion: Who married Angélique MELOCHE,, your Thomas or my Gr.Grandfather Francois-Xavier !!!

Thank you... enjoy

Claude PROULX, b: 19 Jul 1934 -grandson of ( Esdras, b: 10 Sep 1869)

Posted: 4 May 2005 9:04PM GMT
Everything I have on these people was posted on 9 Nov 2002 and I gave the source of that information. In the case of this marriage all that is listed is the name of the parents. Please check this against original records as the CD is a compilation of a transcription and subject to error. You will want to get the actual parish record for confirmation.

Regards,
Sharyn

MichelleRI8 (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2005 2:48PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2005 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Proulx, Brunet, Lauzon
I can't help with Angelique, but I was wondering if anyone could point me to info on the Proulx-Clement connection? My gggf was a different Francois Xavier Proulx, who m. Celenie Brunet in 1840, and m. Adelaide Lauzon in 1842, both in Pierrefonds. His father had Clement as a middle name, as did my own father a few generations later. Is the Clement name that common, or is there a likely connection?

Posted: 5 May 2005 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Clement, Proulx, Clement dit Proulx, Proulx dit Clement
CLEMENT is a "dit" name, or nickname, for PROULX. In early French Canada (1620s-1700s) there were many men of the same surname. Many had the same first names because the priests required that the forename be the name of a saint. In order to differentiate between men of the same name, especially in the military, "dit" names were given. Sometimes sons who had the same name as the father started using a dit name to avoid confusion, especially if the grandson bore the same name. Clement dit Proulx or Proulx dit Clement (either is correct) is a dit name.

Later in the late 1800s, French-Canadians had to choose one name or the other and drop one dit name. Some went one way, some the other. It is certainly possibly that some kept Clement as a "middle" name, however it is more likely that the Clement you are seeing is part of the surname. When doing surname research the records can be found under any combination of the dit name.

Regards,
Sharyn

Posted: 5 May 2005 5:30PM GMT
Dear Sharon HAY dit Clever,
Thank you for the "dit" names expertise.
Claude PROULX dit Clément
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions