Search for content in message boards

DEREMIAH (John Sr. and John Jr.) families

DEREMIAH (John Sr. and John Jr.) families

helencalif (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2004 10:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2005 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Deremiah, Ashby, Ashcraft, Rude
I am researching John Deremiah Sr.(c. 1744-after 1830) who enlisted in Rev in 1777 at Fort Pitt, PA. Was in KY before 1790, married widow Mary Ann (Ashby) Rude on Aug 18, 1791 in Hardin Co., KY. Between 1810-1820 they moved to Washington Co., IN. She died between 1820-1830; he died after 1830. (Appears on 1835 pension list for Rev War pensioners. Lived with son John Deremiah Jr. per 1830 census.) I am trying to determine when John Deremiah Jr. was born and who his mother was... and WHO was the John Deremiah who married Hannah Ashcraft in Hardin Co., KY, in 1789. Would like to connect with other Deremiah researchers. Please contact me. Helen Graves hgraves@psln.com

Re: DEREMIAH (John Sr. and John Jr.) families

Carolynne Deremiah (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2004 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Deremiah
Helen:

It looks like John Sr. married Hannah Deremiah. in the 1820 censes, John Jr. is 45 so he would not have been old enough to have married Hannah unless they married at 14.

Carolynne

helencalif (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2004 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: Deremiah, Rude
Hi Carolynne,
That's the way I have to look at it, too, until I can find some deeds or some other document with a John Deremich with wife Hanna. If it was John Deremiah Sr. who married Hannah, then Hannah must have died soon after their marriage for him to marry the widow Mary Ann Rude in 1791. What is your Deremiah line? Helen Graves hgraves@psln.com

JScholz2693 (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2005 7:28PM GMT
I have a John Deremiah as witness for the will of Christopher Miller who died in 1805 in Hardin co, KY. Christopher was born about 1729 in Germany and came to Philly in 1753. Moved to Ky sometime in the 1770s. Wish I knew what the connection between these two families was.

Jeanine

helencalif (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2005 1:28AM GMT
Hi Jeanine,
Thanks for that bit of info on John Deremiah. I did not know that he witnessed a will in 1805. I am wondering if John Deremiah was a neighbor of Christopher Miller, which is why he witnessed the will. The name Christopher Miller is not familiar to me and I have not seen any other connection to the Miller surname. Christopher Miller b. 1729 would be a generation older than John Deremiah who was born c. 1750.
Thanks again. I will keep this Christopher Miller in mind.
Helen

faretta_1 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2012 1:06AM GMT
Helen, I believe the JOhn Jr in the 1830 Cencus was my great great grandfather. His son JOhn W my great-granfather then had John A Deremiah who was my grandfather. I am still trying to figure all this out.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions