Search for content in message boards

Williams, Truman Adonis

Williams, Truman Adonis

Lynton_Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2010 7:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for ANY information concerning Truman Adonis Williams, born about 1920, supposedly in Missouri.

He claimed to be of Sicilian and Cherokee descent, but ???

He is known to have been in prison repeatedly in California, from the 1940's to the early 1960's, and in Federal Prison in the mid 1960's.

He was my step-father from 1953-1964, and I would like to find out more about him, his parents, any siblings, etc.

Re: Williams, Truman Adonis

karimagameel (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2010 8:43PM GMT
I thought possibly the alias mentioned in attached article could be of some help......he was arrested in MO in 1953 and then by 1954 was in CA.

The article with the alias is from The Joplin (MO) Globe 04 Jun 1953 and the other article is from The Redwood Journal Press Dispatch (Ukiah, CA) 07 Apr 1954 - he was sentenced later that day to the State Prison.

I found this in the Social Security Death Index - this could be him - the year of birth & the civil in MO would seem to fit:

Truman Williams
b 25 Feb 1920
d 07 Dec 2006 Cottonwood, Yavapai, AZ
Civil - Missouri

Death certificates can cost as much as $50 & take a long time. Do you have access to Ancestry? If you do, click on this SSDI info and to the left of the screen there is a place where you can generate an automatic letter to Social Security. He would have had to fill out his original application himself & put his parents' names there. The cost is $15 or $27 depending whether you get the short or long version of his application......

If you think this may be the Truman you are looking for and don't have access to Ancestry I can get the letter for you.... please email me direct at karimagameel@yahoo.com.

I could only find one Truman b 1920 MO in the census but he is listed clearly as Truman E.

Vicky in AZ
Attachments:

Re: Williams, Truman Adonis

Lynton_Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2011 2:54PM GMT
Vicky:

I am sorry I did not respond, but I didn't get a notice that a reply had been filed.

The article from Ukiah would be my step-father. But he was in California within less than 2 months after the conviction in Missouri, which means he either escaped, or for some reason was let go, or it was another person.

I suspect it was another person, because my Truman Williams had served time in California before my mother met him.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions