Search for content in message boards

Eliphalet Stephens/Nicholson, PA

Eliphalet Stephens/Nicholson, PA

Anna Soltani (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2001 12:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stephens
Looking for info on Eliphalet L. Stephens born 1731 and married to Elsa Holloway. They had 3 sons, Eliphalet, Ebenezer and Holloway. Any info appreciated.

Re: Eliphalet Stephens/Nicholson, PA

Patty (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2001 9:53AM GMT
Hi Anna,
I have an Ebenezer Stephens that was born in 1806, this is my brick wall. I have no other info, other than family rumor that he was born in PA.

Anna Soltani (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2001 3:35PM GMT
Hi Patty,
Eliphalet and his brother, Ebenezer Stephens founded Nicholson, PA around 1770. I just returned from a trip to Nicholson, PA and got lots of good info. I got much info from the Wyoming Co. Hist. Society put didn't have time to read through it all yet. If I see and info on your Ebenezer I will email you.
Sincerely,
Anna amsoltani@rcn.com

Patty (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 2:23PM GMT
Surnames: Stephens/Stevens/Taylor
Hi Anna
I thank you so very much for your assistance. Here is a little more info to help you.
Ebenezer Stephens married Sarah Vincent they had 6 children, Elizabeth, Thomas, Rhoda, Thedothia, James, and Ebenezer. All the children were born in Ontario, Canada. And Ebenezer (elder) died there, then Sarah re-married a George Taylor. Most migrated to Michigan. I will keep my fingers crossed, again thank you!

Misssouth (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2002 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: Stephens
Am looking for confirm some information I found on another website. I have tried to email the person of that site, but her email address keeps rejecting.

Here's what I found:

Ebenezer Stephens b. 9-27-1695 d. 8-31-1767 married Abigail Lord. They had Eliphalet.

Eliphalet Stephens b. 1731 d. 1814 married Elsie Holloway. They had Eliphalet Lord.

Eliphalet Stephens b. 1-21-1762 d. 1841 married Elizabeth Van Cleat. They had Eliphalet.

Eliphalet Stephens b. 5-10-1791 d. 5-18-1862 married Elizabeth Felton. They had Joseph.

Joseph Stephens b. 3-27-1819 d. unknown married Emeline M. Culver. They had Anson.

Anson Stephens b. 1854 d. 1925 married Effie Louise Thomas. They had Marguerite.

Marguerite Stephens b. 1886 d. 1932 married George Alexander Albeck. They had Stephen Edward (my grandfather).

Thank you for any information you can help with.

wendellhuffman1 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2002 10:51PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2003 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: STEPHENS CURTIS MURDOCK
I'm adding a query to your thread because of some similar names. My ancestor Elsie Serene Curtis (who married a Jesse Murdock of Orleans Co. NY) was born in 1816 to David W. and Elsa or Ursula (Stephens) Curtis in Ashtabula, Ohio. Elsie's brothers included an Eli C. (could that be Eliphalet??), a Jarilla (or something like that), Stephen Y. and David W. I am anxious to learn more about Elsa Stephens and her ancestry. Does this family fit any of which you have information?

mburke0274 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2013 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: Stevens, Stephens
Hi Patty,

Hi Patty, I know we've communicated in the past,and today I was re-reading older posts, and came across this one of yours. In it you cited that your Ebenezer Stevens was reported to have been born in PA. Are you able to cite for me where that place of birth info came from? As you know by know this Ebenezer was the s/o Weston and Hannah Stevens of NY, Scarborough, Ontario and later of Bayham, Ontario. BUT am very curious as to where you learned your Ebenezer was born. That would be VERY helpful, to go along and support what we currently know. Looking forward to your reply. Am still at same email address: robandmitzi@tc3net.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions