Search for content in message boards

SEAY FAMILY FROM VA, MS, TN, SC, AR

SEAY FAMILY FROM VA, MS, TN, SC, AR

Dee Johns (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 1:52PM GMT
My name Is Dee Johns, e-mail SnowJohns@aol.com and I am researching the Seay family. My grandmother Elizabeth Ellen Ware b 1896 Houston, AR parents were Rutha Elizabeth Seay b 8-19-1872 AR m Allen G. Ware; d/o John Cunningham Seay b 1847 Chickasaw Co MS m N.L. Hutchins b MS (don't have her full name, only initials?); s/o James Madison Seay, Senior b 1-11-1822 TN d 7-13-1901 Houlka, Chickasaw Co MS m Ruthy R. Cunningham b AL; s/o Barnard (or perhaps Barnet?) Seay b 2-1-1776 Amelia Co VA d abt 1860 Pontotoc Co MS m Sarah Roberts b 1849 MS; s/o Gideon Seay b 1740 Amelia Co VA d 3-17-1809 Spartanburg Co SC m Lydia Foster b abt 1751 Amelia Co VA; s/o Jesse Gideon Seay b abt 1717 King William Co VA d 1807 Amelia Co VA wife unknown ?; s/o James M. Seay Senior b 1695 King William Co VA d 8-5-1757 King William Co VA m Elizabeth Wilson; s/o Matthew Seay b 1665 d 1704 King William Co VA wife unknown at least 2 sons Isaac b 1688 and James M. b 1695. Interested in any info you might have on any of the above - thanks!!

Seay Family

Melody Seay Kadlac (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 8:28PM GMT
I am a descendant of the Seay family of Arkansas. My grandfather was Richard Seay, died in 1918. His children were Clifford, Lona, Frank, and Howard G. (my father.) I haven't run across any of these folks in the geneology offered on-line. My father was born on 9/10/08 in Greene Co. Arkansas. If you have any infor, please write. Thanks!

SEAY FAMILY OF ARKANSAS

Dee Johns (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 7:25PM GMT
Melody - I found none of the names you listed in my family tree - but am still inputting Seay info from family in Missouri and Texas, so who knows!

My immediate Seay family is from Arkansas also - feel we may have a connection on that fact alone. My grandmother was Elizabeth Ellen Ware b Houston, AR , daughter of Rutha Elizabeth Seay b 8-19-1872 b AR or MS d 1947 Waldron, Scott County, AR. Greene Co AR is upper NE AR and Perry and Scott Counties where my Seay-Brand-Ware's are from is central and SW AR so they could have migrated across. Rutha had a brother James Madison Seay b 9-24-1874 in Van Buren Co AR. I don't know if she had other siblings or not. Rutha's parents were John Cunningham Seay and N.L. Hutchins both b MS and married in MS 1-11-1871. You can e-mail me direct at SnowJohns@AOL.COM if you want more info or have more on yours I could check out. dee johns from OK

Seay Family from Spartanburg

Amy Cantrell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2001 9:57AM GMT
I am also a descendent of the Seay's family in Spartanburg, SC. In Spartanburg, there is a Historical Home of Jamie Seay. I don't have my information with me, I ma trying to piece together his family. i have several conflicting points of information concerning the parents _Jessie Seay, Abraham Seay, etc. There is also a Jamie Seay Book, a family history that was done in the 60's. I would love to share information with you!

Thanks

JAMES "JAMIE" SEAY, III VA/SC

Dee Johns (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2001 8:40PM GMT
Amy
I have a James "Jamie" Seay, III b 4-12-1752 Amelia VA d 12-2-1850 Spartanburg SC m Elizabeth Crank 7-26-1788 NC. He was s/o James M. Seay, Jr.( and Lucy Lewis)and Jr. was a brother to my direct line of Jesse Gideon Seay b abt 1717 King William County, VA. Any info you have on the line would be appreciated.

My whole direct line is Rutha Elizabeth Seay b 8-19-1872 AR or MS m Allen G. Ware; d/o John Cunningham Seay b MS m N.L. Hutchins; s/o James Madison Seay Sr. b 1-11-1822 TN d 1901 MS; s/o Barnard Barnett Seay b Amelia Co 1776 m Sarah Rhodes; s/o Gideon Seay b 1740 Amelia VA d 1809 Spartanburg Co SC m Lydia Foster; s/o Jesse (Gideon?) Seay b 1717 King William Co VA wife unknown; s/o James M. Seay Sr b 1695 King Wm. Co VA m Elizabeth Wilson. Is your line anywhere in this. You can e-mail me direct at SnowJohns@AOL.COM and thanks. dee johns

Seays

ron giamongo (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2001 6:38PM GMT
I go from William H. "Bill" Seay to Reuben Seay Jr.to Hezekiah Seay to Rueben Seay Sr. to James Seay Jr. to James M Seay Sr.(Rev.) Any connection?

SEAY FAMILY

Dee Johns (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2001 7:45AM GMT

Connection to Reuben Seay

Amy Cantrell (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2001 9:48AM GMT
I am also trying to track down a Dudley or Wilson Seay, through Reuben Seay Jr. Do you have his children's Information? I got this information from SEAYS OF AMERICA, by Mary Ellis Emory. I am a 2nd great from Dudley Seay.
I would appreciate any info on this branch of the Seay family and the connection back to Matthew Seay

Reuben Seay Sr. and Jr.

Patricia Hale (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 3:47AM GMT
I have Reuben Seay Sr. married to a Mary Ann Jones in 1780. I also have a Reubin Conway married to Ella Elizabeth Cobble 11/5/1900. His father was William M. Seay. His father was Reubin Seay, Sr. Reuben Seay, Sr. Reuben Seay, Jr. Presley Seay then George Alexander Seay. Will share information if you need any of this. Pattynbob@aol.com

Seay- Reuben and James

Patricia Hale (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 4:02AM GMT
I have Rev. James Seay, Jr. married to Lucy Lewis. One of James's sons Reubin Seary, Sr. 1760 d March 19,1833, Spartanburg, SCmarried Mary Ann Jones dob 1765 in Va.
Reubin Seay, Jr. married Emaline Reubin's son William M. Seay b April 15, 1838 Spartanburg, SC maried Matilda Ellison. William had 8 children one of which was Reubin Conway b 1877 in Greene Co. Reubin had 5 sons, Hezekian, Mathew, Samuel James and Reuben according to his will. 6 daughters Polly Bishop, Patsy Brannon, Sally, Judith, Betsy and Luch Seay.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions