Search for content in message boards

Caviness family beyond Henry

Caviness family beyond Henry

patperkins264 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2012 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Still actively looking for ancestors particularly the wife of Richard Caviness,born about 1754.Probably in Lunenburg co Va.or Granville Co NC.Basically my line is as follows
A. Henry (Marie)
1 Henry ?Jane Allen
A.Henry (Elleanor)
B.Matthew (Ann)
C.William (Lucy Camp)
D.Thomas
E.Richard
F.Amos
G.Fredrick (?Elizabeth )

Richard and unknown wife
A.William (Mary Vestal)
B. Mary (Polly) (Thornborough ???
C. John (Jemima)
D .Joab (Elizabeth Mann )
E .Lacretia (Jesse Bradley)
F.daughter
G.Patchy
H.Becky

William Caviness
Mary Vestal
1.John Caviness (Susannah Poe)
2.Susannah Caviness
3.Alfred
4.William Vestal
5.Sarah Chamness Caviness
6.David
7.Jesse

The later generations are very well documented,and need not be needed repeated here .Looking for any persons I do not have .Appreciate help with any of the blanks .This family all seem to have lived in either Va.just north of the NC state line and south of the line in Granville Co.NC.Matthews property in the late 1700's was actually looked like it was in both states.Mostly Granville Co.NC.There seems to be a lot of Caveners and Cavenah,in Halifax and Edgecomb,I do not think these are related,to many of them that do not fit in this tree ,and the spellings are consistenly with a dull "er" or "ah" at the end.I see no evidence of Henry Caviness ever having been in NC.

Re: Caviness family beyond Henry

annettecaviness (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2012 3:53AM GMT
On my family line I have a Henry Caviness who was married to Eleanor in 1763. He was my fifth great grandfather, he was bor in 1738.I have a William who was married to a Polly Bruce in Dec. 12 ,1806.
My grandfather was Roy Caviness, great grandfather was Robert Wesley Caviness. I didn't see any of the other names you had listed on the papers I had made a copy of.

Re: Caviness family beyond Henry

patperkins264 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2012 3:06PM GMT
While I descend from a brother (supposedly )of Henry who married Eleanor.I whould still like to see a rough draft of your ancestors from Henry down .just a simple lineage including birth dates or approximate I fyou would be so kind I am trying to tie these families together.You are I believe the first one from this Henry I have communicated with .I have been studing him a bit more he probably was the oldest son
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions