Search for content in message boards

Searching for information on John Endlsey & Hannah Cain

Searching for information on John Endlsey & Hannah Cain

LindaHenline58 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2007 11:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ensley, Endsley, Cain
I am searchng for information on John Endsley & Hannah Cain.
I am a descendant from their son Robert. Thanks.

Linda

Re: Searching for information on John Endlsey & Hannah Cain

gee47 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2007 12:33AM GMT
I have new data showing Johns father may have been another John from Ireland. I come the William Ensley line one of the Endsley/Cain Children

New information on John Endsley's father

ncanders2 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2007 9:07AM GMT
Surnames: Endsley, Ensley

George, would you email me direct please? I'm interested in your new info on John's father.
"Johns father may have been another John from Ireland."

Linda
ma_scrooge47@yahoo.com

Gari157 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2007 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Endsley Cain
Hi, Linda: I am a descendant of John Endsley and Hannah Cain through their son William Grant Ensley. I'm glad to share any info I have. Thanks, Gari

Gari157 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2007 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Endsley Cain
Hi,George. I am a descendant thru their son, William Grant Ensley. I would appreciate any info you can provide. The info I rec'd from OWT is that his father is Solomon Ansley. I googled that name and found a website devoted to the Annsley, Ansley, Ensley, etc., names. It has pics of the ancestral homes in England and Ireland as well as some data in America. There is also a big reunion each year - this group is very organized! Hope to hear from you, Gari

gee47 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2007 4:06AM GMT
Surnames: Ensley,Endsley,Cain, Annesley, McCracken
I am familiar with the Annesley Castle site and the other data you mention and am also through William Grant and Judith Lackey Ensley, I rescently am studying data of the father Of John Endsley being not Solomon but another John Endsley from Ireland, but I doubt we wil ever really be certain, I am 99% certain of the line down to me from William Grant through his son James Jim Ensley and his son James Elbert and his son Dennis Harrison aand his son,my father, John W Ensley.I have concentrated on the twelve children of WIlliam Grant and this seems to be a large task for me without going much more back in time to try to determine who Johns Endsleys parents were, I have seen or know all the burial locations back to James Jim, but have had little luck locating the final resting places of John and Hannah Cain Endsley. Who do you descend from after William Grant, do you live in the NC area? We just had our 4th Ensley reunion of the descendents of my GF Dennis Harrison and Nora McCracken Ensley here in Bryson City,NC.
I hope to hear from you soon WITH MORE INFO!!

Gari157 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2007 11:16AM GMT
Hi, George: Here's the chain for my line - Wm Ensley to Wilson Coleman Ensley to Robert Estes Ensley to James Henry Ensley to Lewis Roosevelt Ensley to Mary Frances Ensley to me. My parents were born in Kannapolis, but moved to SC in 1959 or so. I now live in Northern VA. My mother recently rec'd a contact from a descendant of Chester Ensley and he told her about the reunion in Bryson City. I was reviewing some info this morning about DNA tests for males under the surname Ensley to "connect the dots" for some family trees. This is an interesting topic, I think. Do you think DNA will help solve the mystery of John Endsley's father? Take care,Gari

Gari re your Ensley lineage

ncanders2 (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2007 1:59PM GMT
Surnames: Ensley
I have in my database James Henry Ensley as married 2 times. I don't have any of his children listed. Which wife is your line?

I'm also descended from William & Judy Lakey/Lackey Ensley through their daughter Elizabeth Catherine b. 1843 d. 1887, md. Ansel James Hall.

I'll be glad to share info. Email me directly at ma_scrooge47@yahoo.com

Linda

Re: Gari re your Ensley lineage

Gari157 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2007 3:55PM GMT
This may be a duplicate but here goes: James Henry Ensley married Melvina E "Millie" Crawford b. 1882 d. 1907 and begat Lewis Roosevelt (my gfather) 1904-1966; Orie 1907; Nettie 1901. He then married Rebecca Parris 1884-1967 and begat Ruth, Callie Mae 1911; Anna/ie Laura/ie 1913-1984; and Willard J. 1915-1996. My mom believes Rebecca Parris and Melvina Crawford were related (Melvina's dad Reese J Crawford married a Rebecca Parris, too I think). I have copies of the Rebecca's, Lewis' and James Henry's obits as well as some pics. You can email me at BelBay@comcast.net. Thanks!

Re: Gari re your Ensley lineage

ncanders2 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2007 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Parris, Crawford, Bryson
I don't know if Rebecca Parris and Melvina Crawford were related, but Rebecca was related to the Ensleys. Her parents were W. Samuel & Sarah Jane Bryson Parris, grandparents were John & Nancy Hannah Ensley Parris. Nancy was the dau. of William Grant & Judy Lackey/Lakey Ensley.

Linda
ma_scrooge47@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions