Search for content in message boards

Solomon Palmer

Solomon Palmer

Jeremiah (Jerry) Palmer (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PALMER
Would like to find information and family members for Solomon Palmer born at Van Cortlandt Manor, Westchester Co. on October 26, 1750, later moved to Pawling, Dutchess Co. and finally to Delhi/Stamford townships in Delaware Co. NY, living to be 85.

He was a veteran of the Revolution, is listed in "NY in the Revolution", and received a pension. Wife on land deeds is listed as Mary. Children listed on letters of administration are: Solomon Jr., William F., John, Daniel, Hannah (m. William Yeoman of Delhi), Jonathan, Polly
(m. Charles Higbie), Thomas B., and Elizabeth (and others?)

Thompsons in Dutchess

MGIRARD (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2002 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Van Benschoten, Thompson, Luckey
Who are your Thompsons? Where did they live? When did they live there?

Any Thompson information you can supply would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Solomon Palmer

DParsonsSr1290 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2003 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Palmer, Parsons, Thompson
David Parsons emigrated to Dutchess County, settled in-near Amenia and had a daughter, Apame (b 1793), who married John Palmer.

Strike a chord?

Thanks,

Don

Thompsons in Dutchess

MGIRARD (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2002 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Van Benschoten, Luckey
Thank you so much for the information on the Thompson connection in Derby, Connecticut, Don. Since we have absolutely no idea where our Thompsons came from in CT, Derby is as good a location as any.

Derby is not a place we've searched, as we've had no reason until now to think that Thompsons might have migrated from there, so you might have given us the magic clue we need!

Thompsons in Dutchess

DParsonsSr1290 (View posts)
Edited: 29 Mar 2003 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Parsons
Hi Maureen,

I don't know if this will be of much help. Lois Thompson (b 12/29/1749 d 3/07/1812) m David Parsons (Pierson)10/19/1766 in Derby, CT. They immigrated to Amenia, Dutchess Co, NY about 1794. Both are buried in the Amenia Burying Ground.

Lois had seven brothers & sisters in CT. I have just come across a number of Thompsons buried in Smithfield Burying Grounds and haven't (yet) tried to establish a correlation between those buried there and her siblings or other relatives.

Good luck!

Don

PS I've kept your address in case I run into anything further. DJP

Thompson in Duchtess

Dale (View posts)
Surnames: Thompson
I have been working on the Thompson families in Dutchess Co., NY. The years are from late 1700's to mid 1800's. Let me know if you want me to look someone up in my file.

John Palmer of Pawling

Jeremiah Palmer (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Palmer, Wilson, Hutchins, McCabe, VanValkenburgh
Don,

Unfortunately I do not have much history on the Palmers that early. Solomon had a large family with a son Thomas b. 1783 and a daughter Elizabeth b. 1779. Not certain when John was born but widow was Elizabeth Potter who later moved to Cortland Co. There are several Palmer families on the Hudson but I do not have the links. If you find something further, I would like to know. Also would Amenia be close to Pawling where Solomon lived before he moved to Delaware Co.?

Re: Thompson in Duchtess

JT2543 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2001 5:13PM GMT
Would you please repost a message to this board. I tried to contact you and my e-mail bounced. Thanks

Dale (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2001 5:19PM GMT
I haven't been doing much genealogy as of late, but we will see what we can do.

JT2543 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2001 5:48PM GMT
Thanks, I'd really appreciate any help you could give me. I posted a new message about Alex on this board today.

If you find a connection for him, I'll be more than glad to send you a copy of a gene. report for your files.
Joanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions