Search for content in message boards

Johannes Tittle (or Titel)

Johannes Tittle (or Titel)

betittle (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2010 6:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have traced my husband's ancestors to Johannes married to Elizabeth. 1709-1710 the Great Exodus from Germany. Queen Anne of England invited them to come to England and she would see that they got to America. She forgot her promise. Soon there was a mass of Germans in England and housing was scarce. The indentured were sent to various places after serving their time as indentured servants. Johannes was not listed on any of the indentured manifests so it is presumed that he paid his way to American between 1680 and 1710. The spelling of his name was originally Tittel or Titel. About 1763 the spelling was changed to Tittle. They had one child...Anthony 1729-1803.

I am trying to find Johannes parents and where they lived prior to the Great Exodus.

Re: Johannes Tittle (or Titel)

DBTATUM (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2010 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: TITTLE
I WOULD LOVE ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN SEND ME I HAVE NOT BEEN WORKING ON MY LINE IN YEARS AND THIS IS FIRST POST TO MENTION GERMAN LINES, MY LINE IS ANTHONY, JAMES, GEORGE, CLINTON, MEL, RUFUS, JESS WILLARD WAS MY FATHER, I MAY HAVE LEFT OUT SOMEONE BUT I AM AT WORK I TOOK A BREAK AND DISCOVERED THIS SITE. I HAD WORKED WITH JOHN DODD ON THE DIR SITE BUT IT IS GONE NOW AND NO WAY TO FIND IT ANY MORE, I WOULD LOVE ANY INFORMATION YOU COULD SEND DBTATUMaPEOPLEPC.COM
THANKS DIANNE

Diamondzarentforever (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2012 1:07PM GMT
My Maternal grandfather, Ira Tittle, is a direct descendant of Johannes. It'd be nice to learn more about the Tittles !

Karenmiller902 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2012 1:09AM GMT
Is Johannes Tittel, John Tittle? He is my gggggrandfather on my mothers side. We have proof with DNA and need help to prove his grandson's father. Our direct line is the Nephew of John's son Anthony. Do you know any more?
Karen

betittle (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2012 12:19PM GMT
The information I have is as follows:
Johannes Tittle (or Titel) b. 1712 in England d. 1747 Lancaster Co, Pa.
Anthony Tittle b. 1729 Henry, Va d. 1803 DeKalb, TN
David Tittle b. 1768 Pensylvania, Va d. 1/6/1984 Warren Co. TN
George Tittle b;. 1805 Lee Co. VA D. 1837 Warren Co, TN
Charles Tittle b. 5/5/1842 Dade Co, GA d. 1/1866 Hooker, Dade Co., GA
John Reagan Tittle b. 1/24/1883 Crockett, TX d. 7/2/1897 Houston County, TX
John Weldon Tittle b. 6/20/1906 Crockett, TX d. 8/13/1946 Jacksonville, TX
Gayle Eugene Tittle b. 6/2/1926 Still living and my husband.
This is my husbands direct line but I do have more lines somewhere..I will try to find them. I know there was another John further up the line. Hope this helped some.

betittle (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2012 12:22PM GMT
Wish I could help you. I am continuing my research. My husband's line goes from Anthony to his son David, nor James. These people sometimes had many children and the family tree would be tremendous. Never give up...just keep looking.

Karenmiller902 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2012 5:35PM GMT
Hello, I think we are talking about the same John or Johannes Tittel. They settled in Swatara Creek, Lancaster/ Dauphin County, East Hanover Township. His wife was Elisabetha. He had 3 sons Anthony, Peter and George according to his will. We descend from George. We went to Maryland/PA border and then to Ohio. We would like to know when the immigration took place. We posit that their name was spelled wrong on the ship manifest or like you said, he paid for passage. Some were indentured in Philadelphia and escaped or ran away. I think Anthony's line is well documented to John. There is another John from England through the Bahamas who settled in Northern Maryland so not to get confused.
It is a beautiful patriotic story -- if we can fit all the peices.
Kind Regards, Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions