Search for content in message boards

Kirchberg/Murr Germany

Kirchberg/Murr Germany

sieber184 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2009 5:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jul 2009 1:54PM GMT
Surnames: Benzler, Sieber

These threads interest me because Kirchberg/Murr seemed to be a rather large source of immigrants to the US in the 19th century. I am particularly interested in the Benzler and Sieber families; Siebers arrived in US in 1888, allegedly spent some time in Ohio, then Kansas, finally ending up in Oklahoma. I visited Kirchberg four or five years ago where I bought an interesting "photo" history of the town published by the town council. Any thoughts, information or references are appreciated.

Re: Kirchberg/Murr Germany

Markogen (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2009 12:59PM GMT
Hello,
probably you are talking about Wilhelm Sieber, who came over in 1888 with his wife Christiana Carolina nee Benzler and his 4 sons. If you are interested in both ancestral lines I can offer you my help as a local researcher.
Regards, Martin (Markogen@aol.com, research in Wuerttemberg)

Nikki4601 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2009 1:34AM GMT
Surnames: Benzler, Mennerin
Need info on Johann Georg Benzler line. He was b. abt 1710, Gomadingen. The line goes to Johann Jacob Benzler, b. 1736, Kirchberg, Germany; Georg Jacob Benzler, 1764, Kirchberg, Vaihingen, Neckarkreis, Wuerttemburg, Germany; G. Jacob Benzler, Jr., Gottleib Benzler, Jakob Gottlieb Benzler, Charles Benzler. I have 11 children for Johann Jacob Benzler and Maria Catharina Mennerin. I think this line is related to your Benzlers. I'd like to know when the family left Germany, on what ships, port of entry, and where they settled. Jakob Gottlieb Benzler lived his last years in Kearney, Nebraska. I hoave lots more information.

helensieber1 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2009 3:46AM GMT
I am interested in following the Sieber line from Kirchberg or Allmersbach, Germany. Jacob Frederick Sieber died in Allmersbach but I have reason to believe he was from Kirchberg. I cannot find any brothers or sisters but Wilhelm Sieber may have been his cousin. Since Jacob committed suicide it appears that his name has been erased from family records. I have DNA results on ancestry.com. If anyone wants access to these records I will be happy to share them.
Thanks,
Helen Sieber

helensieber1 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2009 7:21AM GMT
Surnames: Sieber
Hi,
I have Sieber relatives from Kirchberg. My great grandfather was Jacob Frederich Sieber who was brother of Wilhelm Jacob Sieber. My great grandfather is not listed as a son because he committed suicide. I am happy to share any information/pictures and would request that you will help me. My tree is Sieber/Marsh Family tree on ancestry.com,
Hoping to hear from you.
Sincerely,
Helen Sieber

sieber184 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2009 8:16AM GMT
Helen: Can you please send me your email address so I can send you more information? Mine is sieber@jhu.edu

Nikki4601 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2011 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Benzler, McCauley
I am also researching the Benzler line. I'd be very interested in any information you have.

I have Johann Georg Benzler b abt 1710, in Gomadingen down through Jakob Gottlieb Benzler. Johann m Elizabeth Sturn b 18 Nov 1708, in Kirchberg, Vaihingen, Neckarkreis, Wuerttemburg. She d 18 April 1788 in Kirchberg, Vaihingen, Neckarkreis, Wuerttemburg.

Jakob Gottlieb Benzler b 31 Jul 1861 in Kirchberg, Marback, Germany d. Jan 1, 1934 in Kearney, Nebr.
I am not familiar with the place names in Germany and how they changed through time so would be interested in any insights you have.

Nikki4601 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2011 1:28PM GMT
Surnames: Benzler, MaCauley
We also have a Christina Benzler b 1835 in Wuerttemburg, d 17 Aug 1923 in Marion Co., Ohio. She married Johann Christian Wasserbeck. I've noticed our line repeatedly uses the same given names so assume there is a connection between the two Christinas.

Lori Mills (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2013 8:19PM GMT
My fourth great grandmother was Rosina/Rosine Benzler from Kirchberg, Wuerttemberg born Oct 1810. She married Jacob Friedrich Layher and they moved to America in 1846.

I have a lot of info on the Layhers but nothing on the Benzlers before Rosina. If you can connect her to your families please let me know.

Thanks!

Chris Mulligan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions