Search for content in message boards

William McDowell

William McDowell

Terry (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2000 4:39PM GMT
Looking for information on William McDowell and his wife Hannah Craven. When they was married, when they was born. Any information would deeply appreciated.

William McDowell

Teresa McDowell Bruner (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2000 4:29PM GMT
Were they from West Virginia? I've been looking for info on William who died in 1918 in WV. He was married at the time, but no mention of wife was given in death record.

William McDowell

Teresa (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2000 5:14PM GMT
I'm sorry I can't help you, the William I'm looking for wasn't from WV. Good luck in looking for your information.
Terry

William McDowell in NYS ?

ruth8700 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2000 2:05PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2003 11:33PM GMT
Was your William born in St. Lawrence County, New York? I have ancestors named Robert and Hannah McDowell who had 8 children including one named William John McDowell. I am related, however, through one of their daughters named Laney. My information is limited, however, I can share more if this seems like a match.

William McDowell in NYS

Terry (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2000 5:20PM GMT
Hi Ruth, I appreciate your message, but my William came from Scottland. I sure wish yours was the one I was looking for. Thank-you anyway, and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Re: William McDowell

srprice (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2004 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 May 2004 9:57AM GMT
Surnames: McDowell
is he related to charles leonard or Lomax Estelle

Teresa (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2004 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: McDowell
I will research those names...I have no idea what happened after he left NC except that he died in a mining accident...He had a brother named Hubert Oscar who lived in West Virginia.

srpprice (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2004 12:21AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2004 11:50PM GMT
Thanks Teresea

igraffman1 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2012 11:33PM GMT
I'd like to reopen this thread. Among the children of William and Hannah was John (McDole) McDowell. Many trees on Ancestry.com have this info but I am looking for some sort of record to confirm the relationship.

Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions