Search for content in message boards

August Charpentier--Francoise Berber

August Charpentier--Francoise Berber

ancbrown1 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 2:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Apr 2003 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: Charpentier, Berber
Looking for info on August Charpentier, born about 1811,and his wife Francoise Berber, born about 1813. emigrated to United States about June of 1852 With son Charles Edward Charpentier born Jan. 13 1844. All I can find for place of birth is Normandy, France.

Re: August Charpentier--Francoise Berber

leslie lacount (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2004 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: charpentier
I am also searching for information on an August Charpentier. I have great, great grandmother Mary Augustine Charpentier. Records show she was born in Normandy and father of August. I have her in Minnesota marrying in 1855 to Amable LaCount. Think there might be a connection?

Allen Brown (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2004 11:48PM GMT
Hi Here is what I have on August Charpentier, August was born in France about 1804. He Married Francoise ann Berber or Berbier while in France. August and family Came to the USA about 1852. (I have also seen 1854 given) The Charpentiers had 2 sons and probably a Daugther. The son were Charles and August. Charles was born about 1843 and August in 1844 (some say they were twins) I don't think so. They first settled in Buffalo Mn. and then moved to Corcoran Mn. Could your Mary be the daugther of August Charpentier. It is hard to trace the female side, sometimes.

Posted: 29 Nov 2004 6:06PM GMT
I think we have a match. I have census records of the family and everything seems to match up. I can give you info from Corcoran up until now if you'd like. I have a copy of the marriage record of Mary Augustine Charpentier and Amable LaCount. Let me know if I can help

bill_colehour (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2004 10:14PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2006 11:37PM GMT
Leslie, I am researching a line that descends from Rosalie LaCount that married John Baptiste Morin. I have her as a daughter of Amable LaCount and Augustine Charpentier. Do you have any records on the Morin line? The Morins also married into Allen Brown's Charpentier line. Thanks.

Posted: 22 Dec 2004 10:21PM GMT
I do have information on this line. You can contact me directly at llacount@startribune.com. There is another person in California working on this line as well.

ancbrown1 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2013 6:07PM GMT
Correction Marie (Mary) Augustine Charpentier was born in Menil-en-Xaintios, Vosges, Lorraine, France.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions