Search for content in message boards

Hannemann Grueneberg

Hannemann Grueneberg

DeLorris (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2004 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Sep 2004 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Grueneberg Hannemann Krueger Collell Giese Beilke Bachmann
Seeking info re settlers in Marathon County with the HANNEMANN or GRUENEBERG surnames. My maiden name was Grueneberg and my ancestors came from Kr. Regenwalde, Pommern in 1867. Letters indicate others had already come to the U.S. Is it possible I have/had Grueneberg relatives in Marathon Co?

Also, I suspect the Julius Hannemann for whom I am seeking info came from Kr. Regenwalde. He was living in Winnebago Co. when he wrote a letter to my Gruenebergs in 1868. They were either friends in Pommern or relatives. Can you help?
Thank you.

DeLorris Grueneberg Rekoske

Re: Hannemann Grueneberg

KHellrood (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2004 7:35PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2005 3:40PM GMT
I have a Louise Hannemann married to Carl Giese. They had a son, William, born 28 February, 1886 in Jefferson County, Wisconsin. They settled in Marathon County, Wisconsin. William married Louise Klockziem, 30 March, 1946.

Any relation?

Jack Emerich (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2004 4:36PM GMT
DeLorris:

Do you have names on those 19th century relatives? I am part of the Grueneberg line---my great granpda was Louis born in 1859-60.....and his dad was Friedrich. His mother was Caroline Pagel, Louis's mom that is. Of the children that survived, I only have data on Julius and Louis. From the census report it seems there were 3 or 4 others that lived.
About 6 died earlier.

Maybe we have a connection here.

Jack

Greg Grueneberg (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2004 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: Grueneberg
Jack,

I may have some information that could you out. My ggrandfathers name was William (born in Milwaukee also), a brother of Louis. I may have found them in the 1860 census. The surname is hard to read but the ages of Friedrich and Caroline are close. According to the 1930 census Louis and his wife lived with their youngest daughter (Selma) and her husband in Madison, WI. Let's see what we each know?

Greg

Jack Emerich (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2004 1:16AM GMT
Greg:

Thanks for the reply. Happy to share with you what I may have. Can you email me? I would email you but I have a question as to the "mark" between green and feen---is it & or an 8? In that blurry field I wasn't sure. Will be great to connect with someone in the family.

Jack

Re Grueneberg

DeLorris Rekoske (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2005 3:35PM GMT
Jack:
Please contact me directly re info. Though I have never been able to connect our lines, I do have some info given to me re your line. However, I do feel there is a connection here somewhere. Tried e-mailing you directly but it didn't work.

DeLorris Grueneberg Rekoske
drekoske@aol.com

Re: Re Grueneberg

emerichj (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2005 10:23PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2005 12:44AM GMT
Delorris:

My email has changed......j.emerich@insightbb.com

Maybe this will help the sharing process.

Jack

laurakaatz (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2005 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: Boernke, Mathwig, Kaatz, Zamzow
Jack, my apologies for the delay in getting back with you. Yes I have traded emails with Greg Grueneberg on the Grueneberg's in Marathon Co. I am not directly related - there is a very distant cousin relationship to my husband's family via marriage. But, Greg asked me to look into the Lutheran Circuit Rider Records that I have a copy of to find Grueneberg's - I will email this to you directly. But, of note to anyone looking for Grueneberg's in Marathon County - I would highly advise looking through the LDS Film #905045 which is Evangelical Church Records for Nörenberg, Pommern, Prussia. I was looking for Boernke's from there and Kannenberg, which is also in the same area, that lived in Marathon County and I found TONS of Grueneberg's (Grüneberg's) in that film. This is in the Kreis Saatzig/Kreis Naugard areas of Pommern. I did not have time to write them all down, but my guess is they are connected. There are other films in the area too: #905043, #1334595, #1273124, #903351, #905022, #905023, #1551877, #1551878. Good Luck! Laura

emerichj (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2008 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: GRUENEBERG
My email has changed again.....j.emerich@charter.net
This may help make connections with folks trying to reach me.

Looking for help in validating parentage of my ggggrandfather Carl Grueneberg. From church records in the US I have found the village names of Dummadel, Neuenhagen,
Muehlenbruch, and Natelfitz mentioned as places they lived.
These are in and around Kreis Regenwalde. I also have noted the occupation master shepherd or shepherd with a few
of the men. Does this imply they worked on someone's estate?

Carl and his second wife, Wilhelmine came to USA in 1851 from Hamburg. They settled in Milwaukee, WI.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Jack

daniel_forbes (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2008 2:00AM GMT
I am a decendent of (Johann) Ferdinand Gruenberg married to Wilhelmine Preuss 7 Feb. 1864 at St. John's Lutheran Church in Milwaukee... His parents are Carl Friedrich Gruenberg and Christine Wilhelmine Benz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions