Search for content in message boards

ATTN: Descendants of Joseph and Mary Philips/Chester Co, PA

ATTN: Descendants of Joseph and Mary Philips/Chester Co, PA

isalys (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2006 4:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Philips; Phillips
Hello All!

My name is Amy Philips-Haller and I am a descendant of Joseph and Mary Philips of Chester Co. PA. (They emigrated from Wales in 1755)

My line is linked to thier son Capt/Rev David who eventually settled in Washington County PA.

Some of us have been researching for the Joseph/Mary line for years; some of us are new to the family history...

But I believe all of us have something to offer each other...

As a result, I have started a Yahoo email group called "Philips Family Research" so that we may all have a chance to directly correspond with each other. If you are from the Joseph/Mary Philips line, and you are interested in joinng, just email me at eeyore9@verizon.net and I will send you an invite, or you can email the goup directly at Philipsfamilyresearch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. (You will have to wait for moderator approval; this is in place to eliminate spammers)

The group is hosted by Yahoo and is filed under: Family and Hobbies; genealogy; surnames; Philips.

I hope this will give us a good chance to exhange notes; assist with brick walls; share links/resources; and meet distant cousins!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Happy Hunting

:)
Amy

Re: ATTN: Descendants of Joseph and Mary Philips/Chester Co, PA

AP HALLER (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2006 8:53AM GMT
Surnames: Philips; Phillips
A couple more things!

If you are not sure if you are a Joseph/Mary descendant--visit us anyhow--we might just have the lead you are looking for.

We have also uploaded photo's; maps; and cool links.

Check out our homepage!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Philipsfamilyresearch/

Even if your name is spelled with 2 L's--we could still very well be related!

See ya in a bit Cuz!

Barbara4734 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2006 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: PHILIPS
Amy,
My gggggrandfather was John Henderson Philips. I would love to talk with you, if you have time. John Henderson was a brother to David, Joseph & Josiah. Hope to hear from you soon.

AP Haller (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2006 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Philips, Philips
Hey Barb!

Yes--let's chat. I have a lot of cool stuff on brothers David and Joseph...

email me: eeyore9@verizon.net

:)
AP HAller

Thomas O. Philips (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2006 8:10PM GMT
TO: Barbara Lehman

I am a 7th-generation descendant of Joseph and Mary Philips. In 2004 I published a book with all of their known (to me) descendants, approximately 19,000 descendants plus about 10,000 spouses. I would love to be able to fill in some of the many missing branches of the family.

The second son of Joseph and Mary was John Philips. Is that your ancestor, whom you identify as John Henderson Philips? I have never previously seen a middle name for John or his brothers. What is your line of descent from John Philips? I really hope that we are talking about the same John Philips.

Tom Philips
(Thomas Owen Philips)

Barbara4734 (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2006 10:12PM GMT
John Henderson was my ggggrandfather. His second wife mary is my ggggrandmother, Hoy M. Phillips is my grandfather. If i can be of any help please let me know.

Thank you

Barb Lehman

Barbara4734 (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2006 10:12PM GMT
John Henderson was my ggggrandfather. His second wife mary is my ggggrandmother, Hoy M. Phillips is my grandfather. If i can be of any help please let me know.

Thank you

Barb Lehman

TahoJon (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2007 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: Philips
Tom~
I'm descend from Joseph/Mary thru son Josiah, his dau. Mary, her son John Tustin, his dau. Elizabeth who married Charles Custis. Their dau. Marion Custis married Oscar Ross and they are my grandparents. I'd be happy to share my Philips research so that you can update your data.

How can I buy a copy of your book?

John Custis Ross
Incline Village, NV

ColleenChapman99 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2007 9:32AM GMT
Surnames: Phillips
My family thought we were descended from Joseph and Mary who were born in Wales and came to the U.S. with four sons. Now we are told that is wrong. Also there is some confusion as to the middle name of John born 1744 in Wales and died 1827 in Kentucky. We thought it was Henderson, now are told it might be Lee. I'm told that dna test proved that this John is not the son of Joseph, b.1716 in Wales and d.1792 in PA.
The second L was added to Philips by Samuel.My line is:
John Henderson? Lee? Phillips b.1744 Pembrokshire, Wales, d. 1827 Ky. M. Mary Stockton b.1766 d. 1848, KY.
Samuel P. Phillips, b. 1797 Tenn. d. 1891 m. Elizabeth Tompkins b.1798 Tenn. d. 1890, Tenn.
Joseph Tompkins Phillips b.1822 Tenn. d.1906 OK. m.1865 Sarah Jane Dutton b.1844 d. 1935
Emmett Fisk Phillips b.1867 Ark. d. 1940 OK. m.1890 Nancy Elizabeth Stultz b.1873 TX. d. 1936 OK.
Harvey Lee Phillips b. 1895 OK. d.1971 CA. m.1920 Della Ludy Caddel b.1905 Tx.d. 1995 CA.
I would like to hear from anyone with a connection to this line. And would very much appreciate any help.

ColleenChapman99 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2007 9:37AM GMT
Surnames: Phillips
Do you know who the parents of John Henderson are? He is my ggg grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions