Search for content in message boards

Thomas Cole

Thomas Cole

Linda22 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 8:49AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2002 5:22PM GMT
I have been working on my father's side of the family, Cole. The last information that I have is on Thomas Cole b. ABT. 1775 - died between 1840-1850 in Nottoway Co., Va. He was married to (first name only) Anna also b. ABT. 1775. Thomas was listed in the 1840 Nottoway Co., Va census.

The following is a list of Thomas and Anna's children: 1) William Cole b. 1796, d. 1855, married Elizabeth G. Barrow, 12/01/1821 in Brunswick Co., Va 2) Thomas Cole, b. 1794, married Elizabeth Moore on 2/17/1817 in Brunswick Co., Va 3) Sterling Cole, married Rebecca Fergeson on 12/12/1820 in Brunswick Co., Va 4) Annie Cole, and 5) Hamlin Cole married (1) Martha Morrise on 1/15, 1817 and married (2) Angelina Bishop on 9/09/1837.

Thomas was one of three brothers, I believe, who came from England and setted in Richmond, VA area. The family then branched off into WV - especially in Raleigh County.

If you have any information or if any of these names sound familiar, please email me. I would love to exchange what I have at this time. Thanks. Linda

Re: Thomas Cole

BobbiAnn777 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2002 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Sep 2005 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: COLE
Hello Linda,
I am looking for a Thomas COLE with the following children.Wm. Eli-Stephen M.-Mary A.- Lafayette- Thomas E.-Darcus E.-Ladora Virginia- Belle-Stella B.-Benjamin Franklin. Area VA-WV-OH.His wife's name was Eliz. and/or Ann. She was either a POSTEN or a COLE. Mother may have been Margaret COLE and sister Mary.I think she was his mother, others say she was wife's mother. Data on 1860 Harrison Co.,WV census.Family says wife was POSTEN internet says COLE. May have been both I suppose. Appreciate an light you can shed on my brick wall. Thanks. Barb

letweety38 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2002 8:31PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2004 2:45AM GMT
I have a Thomas Cole II who married an Elizabeth, but her last name was Moore. They were married in Brunswick County, VA in 1817. I do not have their children listed. Thomas' father was also named Thomas Cole, and his mother's name was Anna or Ann. I don't think these are the same people. But if anything sounds familiar, please let me know. I have a lot of information, but it won't do you any good if the families are not the same. Thanks!

BobbiAnn777 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2002 5:43AM GMT
Linda,
This is not my Thomas COLE as he and his wife were married 1837 Loudoun Co.,VA. But---It is entirely possible that it is his father.I am not sure exactly when my Thomas was born or where.If your Thomas and his wife Eliz.were married in 1817, it is possible that my Thomas was maybe first child/son born to them, which would have made him around 20 when he married. What do you think? Looks good to me. Maybe we could compare some of the other family first names for some kind of pattern or similarity.Please reply soon.
Barb

BobbiAnn777 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2002 8:24PM GMT
I think this is my Thomas' father. Any info you might have will be greatly appreciated. Thank a millon for your time.
Barb

asimpson11 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2007 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Cole Barrow
Hello Linda. Are you still out there working on the Thomas Cole line? I am descended from William Cole and Elizabeth Barrow Cole. There are still Coles living in Raleigh County, WV. Would like to learn more from you if possible. Thanks. Alison

misstweety45 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2007 5:58PM GMT
Alison,
I'm still working on my genealogy. I haven't been able to move along as I had surgery and my mother lives with me and she has had several strokes. So, it kind of put me back a ways. But, I am on it again. I was in WV last week for a memorial for the Veterans at Coal City, WV and I stopped by Tamarack and picked up some books with info from Pauline Haga. I am looking through some info as they are interesting. Why don't you email me at Lketweety@aol.com. Would love to chat more.
Linda

BobbiAnn777 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2007 6:45PM GMT
Hello, I picked up you message from the Cole Board. Two things struck a cord for me and my COLE family search. ( Thomas and WV ) I am looking for a Thomas Cole, livingin WV about 1850. I have his family, but some contivercy about his wife. I would love to have your in put. Thank you so much. Barb

CSaladiner (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2012 6:38PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Winn, Morris
My ggg grandmother is Nancy Cole, b. ca. 1799 who married James S. Winn in Brunswick Co., VA. on 9 Dec. 1824. Sterling Cole was the bondsman. She moved to Henry Co. after death of husband James, ca. 1843. I believe her father to be a Thomas Cole. Could she be a sister to Sterling and fit into this family? Hamlin Cole who married in Martha Morris also lived in Henry Co. along with a Thomas Cole and wife Elizabeth. He was born ca. 1796.

CSaladiner (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2012 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Winn, Morris
My ggg grandmother is Nancy Cole, b. ca. 1799 who married James S. Winn in Brunswick Co., VA. on 9 Dec. 1824. Sterling Cole was the bondsman. She moved to Henry Co. after death of husband James, ca. 1843. I believe her father to be a Thomas Cole. Could she be a sister to Sterling and fit into this family? Hamlin Cole who married in Martha Morris also lived in Henry Co. along with a Thomas Cole and wife Elizabeth. He was born ca. 1796.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions