Search for content in message boards

Williamson Co., Illinois-Simmons

Williamson Co., Illinois-Simmons

bsimmons58 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2003 6:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
My g-g-grandfather, William Andrew Jackson Simmons married Mary A. Miller in Williamson Co., Illinois, 12/29/1858. I am trying to find names of any children. Anyone with the census records for Williamson co. for 1860, please help.

Re: Williamson Co., Illinois-Simmons

peggyhill1 (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2006 4:07AM GMT
The census record for 1860 Williamson County, IL shows:
Wm Simmons, age 19 born IL
Mary Simmons, age 14 born KY
I could not find him in Williamson county in 1870.

Is this the same William A J Simmons who married Nancy Ann Markum? If so, my records show he was the son of John Simmons and Amy Shuffield. Is that right?
Peggy Hill Peggyhill@prodigy.net

don_kelderman (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2010 8:41AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons/Chambers
Yes he was the son of John Simmons & Amy Shuffield. He is buried in Burnside Cemetery, Johnson County, Illinois. I cleaned the stone and took a photo of both him & his son Edward (that was killed by a cyclone).
Don Kelderman
don843@sbcglobal.net
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 8:50AM GMT
James Ferrell Simmons is my 2nd great grandfather, brother of William A.J. Simmons. You will find the names on a 1850 census in Johnson County, Illinois. Or, you can contact me @; don843@sbcglobal.net
I have been doing research in Johnson Co., and Williamson Co., Illinois for more than 3 years now.
I am attaching a photo of Williams stone, he is buried in Burnside Cemetery, Johnson Co., Illinois. I cleaned his stone and took a photo about 3 years ago. His son Edward is buried next to him (he was killed in A CYCLONE in St. Louis).
Don Kelderman
Griffith, Indiana
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 8:52AM GMT
James Ferrell Simmons is my 2nd great grandfather, brother of William A.J. Simmons. You will find the names on a 1850 census in Johnson County, Illinois. Or, you can contact me @; don843@sbcglobal.net
I have been doing research in Johnson Co., and Williamson Co., Illinois for more than 3 years now.
I am attaching a photo of Williams stone, he is buried in Burnside Cemetery, Johnson Co., Illinois. I cleaned his stone and took a photo about 3 years ago. His son Edward is buried next to him (he was killed in A CYCLONE in St. Louis).
Don Kelderman
Griffith, Indiana
Attachments:

trinam76 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2012 4:26PM GMT
would this also be the same family that had William married to a Josephine in the 1920 & 1930 census

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 8:25PM GMT
I don't think so.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions