Search for content in message boards

Sellers family in Tuscaloosa County, AL

Sellers family in Tuscaloosa County, AL

kms113 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2000 5:42AM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2006 3:36AM GMT
I am currently researching the Sellers family of Tuscaloosa County, AL. My husband is a decendant of Hilliard Sellers thought his son Isaiah his son James Jesse H., his son Lloyd, his son Earnest. I would love to exchange information with this family. Please feel free to contact me at kellyms@wnm.net .

Hillard Sellers

Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 10:09PM GMT
I have information on Hillard Sellers and Rachael Snider family. My mother is gggrandaugher of Hillard Sellers. She is 80 yoa but remembers her grandfather (Hillard's grandson) vividly. Also I have a book with extensive background on the Sellers family

Hillard Sellers

kms113 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 7:43PM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2006 3:36AM GMT
Could you please contact me directly at kellyms@wnm.net? My husband is Hillard's ggggrandson. I have been trying to research this line for a while now. With the help of another researcher, I have found more information than I thought that I could. I would gladly share all of my information with you if you will do the same. Thank you so much.
Kelly Sellers

Mary Sellers

Linda Bryan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 3:23PM GMT
I have been trying to find out if Mary Sellers, who married
W.R. Wallace, is the daughter of Hilliard Sellers from Tuscaloosa
County, Al. She is my husband's gggrandmother.
Please email me at lbryan3@bellsouth.net.
Thank-you.

Mary Sellers

Bob Sellers (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 6:18PM GMT
Linda i am from this fam. email me,i tried to email you but it never got through. Bobby.Sellers@world net.

Re: Hillard Sellers

lewisda4600 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2011 4:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Apr 2011 1:29PM GMT
Wow! I would love information concerning Hilliard Sellers and Rachel Snider. They are my g-g-g-granddaughter on my Dad's father's side. Also, supposedly related to them through my Mother's Dad's side.

On my Dad's family, it has always been said that Octavia Beavers, they granddaughter, had Native American blood. It seems that Hilliard and Rachel are buried at Goshen (Old Indian) Cemetery. I would love any information concerning the Sellers. My Mom's Dad lost his mother early in his life and didn't know about his family.

Thank you.

sabrinaalso (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2011 11:50PM GMT
Does this line happen to link to:

Sellers, William Luther, Sr
b. 1863
North Carolina
d. Aug 24 1929
e. Burial
Washington Cemetery, Hawthorne, Washington County, Alabama
m. Parnell, Henrietta
Sep 26 1892
Washington County, Alabama
d. May 26 1960

lewisda4600 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2011 1:28PM GMT
I am related to Hillard Sellers and Rachel Snider through their daughter, Mahala Sellers who married John Charles Beavers; they settled in OK/TX. John & Mahala's daughter, Octavia Beavers Lewis is buried in Era Cemetery, Era, Cooke County, Texas. The Lewis siblings have been told that their Mother, Octavia, had Native American blood. George Dewitt Lewis was killed at a grave pit accident in 1918 leaving Octavia with 12 children and pregant with the 13th. In 1921, Octavia and two of children were coming back from the field when lighting stroke and killed Octavia and knocked the two boys to the groung. The youngest 5 children were left orphans.

I saw that Hillard and Rachel are supposely buried in the Old Indiana Cemetery. I would love to any information on the Sellers and Sniders. History and family has always loved since a little girl!

Thank you,

Deeva Lewis

pkbattles1 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2012 1:29AM GMT
Jackie, Hillard Sellers was my ggggrandfather.I have been researching my family for years and I have not been able to find out who his father was. I was wondering if you have been able to do so. I have been to Goshen Cemetery and the is also where Hillards and Rachel's home used to be. I was born and raised in Tuscaloosa. I would love to share information with you if you would like. Please email.

CharlesSims41 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2012 8:01PM GMT
My information about Hillard Sellers is very limited and unconfirmed, but can't help thinking he is somehow related to other Sellers Families in Tuscaloosa Co., AL.
Also, it appears I may have the name of his wife incorrectly as Barbara Snider. It appears that she was born abt. 1815 in S.C. and married abt. 1834 to Hillard Sellers.
The internet postings regarding birth years of this Snider line apperar to be very confused. As best as I'm able to determine it appears the nine (9) children of Hans Jacob Snider and wife, Susannah Oswalt, were born in S.C. abt. 1780 - abt. 1800. With son, John M. Smider, born abt. 1780 having been the first born.
The Snider line I'm researching is from Hans Jacob Snider (c.1741-c.1810) and wife, Susannah Oswalt (c.1750-c.1835).
And their son, John M. Snider (c.1780 - c. 1860) and his wife, Mary Hopkins (c.1782 - after 1850).
And their Son, Daniel Snider, (3 May 1808 - 14 Oct. 1890) and his wife, Barbara Weaver, (22 June 1810 - 15 July 1898).
And their son, Henry Snider, (1832- 8 Aug. 1864) and his wife, Martha W. Williams, (c. 1840 - 1918). and their daughter, Mary Jane Snider, (3 Feb. 1860 - 9 Nov. 1932) and her husband, David William Kennedy, ( 1 Aug. 1855 - 18 April 1929).
My wife and I visited the grave of Martha W. (Williams) Snider / Newell last week and placed flowers on her grave.
She and her 2nd husband, Rev. Thomas Ditt Newell, are buried in the Blue Springs Baptist Church Cemetery located a by a county road several miles north of Phil Campbell, Franklin Co., AL.
She, Martha W. (Williams) Snider / Newell is my gg grandmother on my paternal side.
Her daughter, Mary Jane (Snider) Kennedy, became my great grandmother via her marriage to David William Kennedy.
They, David William Kennedy and wife, Mary Jane Snider, are buried in the Gray Rock Baptist Church Cemetery, now named the Gray Rock Congregational Methodist Church, located just a few miles from the Blue Springs Baptist Church Cemetry.

Getting back to the Sellers line, I also show, not yet documented, that Elisha Sellers (c.1745 - 1801) married Sarah Jane Peoples. And a son was John Bryant Sellers, born abt. 1778 in N.C. and died before 1887 in Henry Co., GA. He married Jane Caster on 28 July 1798 in Bullock Co., GA. And two of their sons married Henderson sibling/sisters. John Sellers (23 Oct. 1812 - 12 June 1902) married 2nd to Sarah Henderson on 10 Dec. 1834 in Henry Co., GA. She was born 22 March 1808 in GA. and died 1878 in Randolph Co., AL. and is buried in the Sellers Family Cemetery in Randolph Co., AL.
Thomas Sellers was born 16 Oct. 1816 in N.C. and died 24 Aug. 1888 and is buried in the Rocky Mount Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery in Tallapoosa Co., AL. He married Frances Henderson abt. 1839 in GA. She was born 16 March 1812 in GA. and died 25 July 1900 in Tallapoosa Co., AL. and is buried in the Rocky Mount Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery in Tallapoosa Co., AL.
The sibling/sisters, Sarah A. Henderson and Frances Henderson, are daughters of Samuel Henderson, born abt. 1777 in Laurens Co., S.C. and died abt. 1867 possibly in Tallapoosa Co., AL. and wife Frances - maiden name unknown to me. Two sons born to Samuel Henderson and wife, Frances, are Archibald Henderson, born abt. 1810 and William Henderson, born 9 Sept. 1815.
Archibald Henderson married Elizabeth Ann Sims on 18 May 1851 in Tallapoosa Co., AL. He died 1876 in Tallapoosa Co., AL. and is buried in the Rocky Mount Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery. His widow, Elizabeth Ann (Sims) Henderson, was born 29 July 1832 in Henry Co., GA. and died 31 March 1916 at or near Van Zandt Co., TX.
William Henderson (1815 - 1905) waas born in GA. and died at or near Alba, Rains Co., TX. He marries Mary Sims on 14 Feb. 1837 in Henry Co., GA. She, Mary Sims was born 5 Nov. 1820 in Laurens Co., S.C.and sdied 23 Nov. 1888 at or near Alba, Rains Co., TX.
Elizabeth Ann Sims and her sibling/sister, Mary Sims, are daughters of my ggg grandparents, Hiram Sims and wife, Mary Abercrombie.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions