Search for content in message boards

Ingham Co. News, Ingham Co., Michigan

Ingham Co. News, Ingham Co., Michigan

jryerson13 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2012 8:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Francis, France, Garrison
I'm looking for any online Ingham Co. News for 1862 & 1865. The Fairview cemetery records were destroyed & am looking for any newpaper death notices for Alfred Francis born 22 March 1813 & died 1 April 1862 & for his wife Eliza Garrison b. abt. 1816 N.J. & died 22 May 1865 & both buried in the Fairview cemetery.
I do know that the Ingham Co. News was from 1858 to 1866 by D. B. Herrington.
I live in Florida so its hard to check from here but any information anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Ingham Co. News, Ingham Co., Michigan

Mary Packard (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2012 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2012 12:46AM GMT
Sorry this isn't more helpful, but I'm just writing to tell you that I don't think there are any newspapers online at the moment for that date range in Ingham County.

Actually, there is the Jackson Citizen Patriot on genealogybank that covers those years (even though it was in Jackson, they have tons of news from Ingham in that paper), but I did a search for your relatives and didn't find anything.

I also checked this book and found neither: "Marriages and deaths mentioned in the Lansing State Republican, 1855-1870" so don't bother with that book (or the newspaper it covers).

It looks like you might have to order some microfilm from LDS. You should get these two:

1. Probate records, 1840-1904; probate indexes, 1835-1933
author: Michigan. Probate Court (Ingham County)

2. Abstracts of the early probate records of Ingham County, Michigan, 1838-1869

If you find the probate file number, the archives should be able to get it for you right away. Or, you can e-mail them at archives@michigan.gov and they can probably look it up and retrieve it for you (but that might cost more). There is more information on their website, but I got a post removed on this message board for posting a link once so I don't want to do that again. Just search for the Archives of Michigan and you should find it.

Good luck!

-Mary

Re: Ingham Co. News, Ingham Co., Michigan

jryerson13 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2012 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Francis, Garrison
Thanks for your help as I live in Florida & its hard to locate records from here. Its too bad that both Alfred Francis who died in 1862 & his wife Eliza Garrison who died in 1865 died before the Michigan records were kept. It sure has caused a lot of problems & I'm sure for others also.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions