Search for content in message boards

George C. Eaton (1864-1947}

George C. Eaton (1864-1947}

Virginia Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find George C. Eaton, my husband's grandfather. I believe his father was John W. and mother, a Mary Van Ostrand or Van Austorn. I see on the 1870 and 1880 census (Walpaca Co, Fremont) that George C. is listed, living with his mother Mary. Is anyone able to tell me anything about him or his parents?

Re: George C. Eaton (1864-1947}

JohnBurke24 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2008 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Eaton Gehrke Burke Vandervest
Virgina,

Were you able to find any more info on John W Eaton? George Cyrus Eaton is my great, great-grandfather.
Also, is Stuart Murphy your husband? I am currently exchanging info with him.

John Burke
Oshkosh, WI
jburke15@new.rr.com

MusicLady54728 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2008 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: EATON, MILLET
Did George or John have a daughter or sister named Betsey? Elizabeth?
My gr. gr. grandmother, Betsey (EATON) married Francis 'Frank' MILLET in Fremont in June 1851. They were the 1st marriage in Fremont.

JohnBurke24 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2008 3:29PM GMT
Do you have this 1860 Census Record?

Name: Frank Millet
Age in 1860: 40
Birth Year: abt 1820
Birthplace: Maine
Home in 1860: Lind, Waupaca, Wisconsin
Post Office: Lind
Value of real estate: View Image
Household Members:

Name Age
Frank Millet 40
Betsey Millet 35
Cathrine E Millet 8
Chas E Millet 5

I haven't been able to find anything yet, that connects Betsey Eaton to my family

MusicLady54728 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2008 8:40PM GMT
Yes, thank you. I know my Millets back to the 1,200's. However, I don't know who Betsey Eaton was nor do I know where she & Frank are buried. ANy help would be appreciated!

TheTimeAngel (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2009 6:15AM GMT
Hello Rosemarie,
Though I think there is a possible relationship between Jacob F Eaton
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=32...
and
Jonathan S Eaton
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GScid=1...;
We have not found it yet. However if your Betsy / Elizabeth EATON is related to one of them it would likely be Jacob F. Eaton as he was Living in Moores, NY and thats were his wife Polly died. It also lists his dau Joanna SPRINGER as being b. in NY.
According to the 1860 Census of Lind Waupaca I have attached below your Betsy EATON was b. in NY. So possibly you might want to check in that area.
You will find Jacob EATON living with William SPRINGER in NY in the 1850 census. This has some conflict however with the history of Waupaca, as SPRINGER was to have been in WI by abt 1847-48. My guess is once he located in Wisconsin he went back to NY to get the family (1850). When he returned to WI, he possibly brought with him your Betsy EATON along with the rest of his family................ Seems logical to me ;-)
Attachments:

ElizabethHanson46 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 1:53PM GMT
I didn't know about George C Easton until yesterday while pursuing information about the third wife of James M Van Nostrand (many spellings).

George Easton is listed in the 1870 federal census of Fremont, Waupaca, Wisconsin, p. 41 B (stamped on previous page) NA film # M593_1744, as residing with John W Eaton (born 1830 Canada)and Mary Eaton (born 1840 New York).

The Waupaca Index shows a photograph of the grave of Jown W Eaton with his Civil War service carved into the stone. It reads: Corporal, Company A 48th Wisconsin Infantry, but does not contain any dates. I found a listing of "headstone provided for deceased Union Civil War Veterans 1879-1903" at Ancestry.com that gives John Eaton's date of death as 4 March 1877.

John W Eaton married Polly L Powell 10 April 1858 in Weyauwega, Waupaca, Wisconsin. (Polly is a nickname for Mary.) After John Eaton's death, Mary married James M. Van Nostrand 16 September 1888 in Waushara County, Wisconsin (the marriage record names her parents as George and Hannah Powell). She died 28 December 1923 at Poy Sippi, Waushara County.

ElizabethHanson46 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2009 1:54PM GMT
I didn't know about George C Easton until yesterday while pursuing information about the third wife of James M Van Nostrand (many spellings).

George Easton is listed in the 1870 federal census of Fremont, Waupaca, Wisconsin, p. 41 B (stamped on previous page) NA film # M593_1744, as residing with John W Eaton (born 1830 Canada)and Mary Eaton (born 1840 New York).

The Waupaca Index shows a photograph of the grave of Jown W Eaton with his Civil War service carved into the stone. It reads: Corporal, Company A 48th Wisconsin Infantry, but does not contain any dates. I found a listing of "headstone provided for deceased Union Civil War Veterans 1879-1903" at Ancestry.com that gives John Eaton's date of death as 4 March 1877.

John W Eaton married Polly L Powell 10 April 1858 in Weyauwega, Waupaca, Wisconsin. (Polly is a nickname for Mary.) After John Eaton's death, Mary married James M. Van Nostrand 16 September 1888 in Waushara County, Wisconsin (the marriage record names her parents as George and Hannah Powell). She died 28 December 1923 at Poy Sippi, Waushara County

pdedwards520 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2013 10:18PM GMT
I am looking at all of this with great interest, as I am trying to find my great grandmother's people. Her name was Muriel Eloise Eaton, born March 6, 1889 in either Green Lake (noted on family docs) or Berlin (noted on death certificate).
Died May 26, 1948, buried at Lakeside Cemetery, waupaca.
Married to Ward Elbert Edwards March 14, 1909.

Muriel's parents were Frederick Eaton and Mate Pahlen (who I have a note was born in WI).

Let me know if anyone has any info. thanks so much
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions