Search for content in message boards

Ann Sample Henderson

Ann Sample Henderson

mindprobes (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2002 4:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have only recently gone back to working on my family history. I did a great deal of research 30 years ago when I was a teenager/young adult. Now that I'm back to working on it, I've enjoyed finding new links and correcting errors.

The reason for this post is that I've noticed with interest that all of the Trees posted here show Ann Sample, born 1774, daughter of William Sample simply with the married name of Henderson. My research shows that he was John Henderson, born 1780 in Mecklenburg Co., N.C. and died 23 May 1824 and is buried at Hopewell Presbyterian Church as is his wife Ann Sample Henderson. My initial source for this was research done by Earnest Perry Bell in 1957 in an unpublish manuscript titled "Our Shelby Lineage - The Hendersons". I'm afraid I do not know what Mr. Bell's source was. However, I did find the marriage of John Henderson and Ann Sample listed in a book in the Charlotte, North Carolina Public Library in about 1973. The book was "North and South Carolina Marriage Records - from Earliest Colonial Days to the Civil War", compiled by William Montgomery Clemens, 1927 - page 124. It lists the marriage of Ann Sample and John Henderson on 4 April 1804 in Mecklenburg Co., N.C.

I'm more than willing to be proven wrong which is why I'm posting. Has anyone found a reason to suspect that Ann Sample was NOT married to John Henderson.

Thanks for any input.

Re: Ann Sample Henderson

SANDYC (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2012 5:48PM GMT
I just saw your post from 2002 about Ann Sample Henderson. I can say that this Ann Sample was married to John Lee Henderson of Mecklenburg Co., NC in 1804. I am descended from them.

Sandy Coulter

fajarden (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2012 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: Montgomery, Henderson, Sample
I, too, am a descendant of Samples and Hendersons of Mecklenburg. This would probably make you and me to be about 6th cousins or so. Would you be willing to tell me more about your relationship with Ann Sample? I descend from John Montgomery and Martha Montgomery whose family intermarried with the Hendersons and Samples.
Keith Montgomery

SANDYC (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2012 12:21PM GMT
Ann Sample and John Henderson were my gggg-grandparents through their son, William Lee Henderson. Currently, I'm trying to locate the ancestry of John as some people think we have his parents incorrect. We have his connection to William Henderson and Florence (?) who immigrated to VA from Scotland, but we have recently been told that we were probably descended from Robert Henderson who settled in VA from Scotland. I know the Samples intermarried with a number of our Alexander ancestors, but do not know of any Montgomery family connection. I would be interested in hearing more of your connections.

Sandy Coulter
sandyc@cebridge.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions