Search for content in message boards

Searching for information on John Low/e burial site

Searching for information on John Low/e burial site

MargaretMath12 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 2:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Feb 2002 4:26AM GMT
Surnames: Low/e, Baber, Owens,
Searching for anyone with info on John Low/e that lived in the Clark Co. Ky. area in the first half of the 1800's. Believed to have lived in the Winchester area and was a farmer. Does anyone know where he is buried there in the Winchester area ? I believe he died in the 1840's or 50's. He had several children , one named Daniel that married a Hannah Delilah (baber).Does this look family look familar to anyone ?

Re: Searching for information on John Low/e burial site

williamlowe316 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2002 2:47PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2003 2:01AM GMT
Margaret, My Low family was in Winchester, Clark County.My Info; William Lowe born 1800 Ky.) and Virginia Lockname(born 1804 daughter of John). Their children: Nancy 1828, Elizabeth 1830, James 1832, Sally 1834, Frances 1836,John Dec 16, 1838., William L. 1841, Newton 1844 and Zachary T. 1846.
John Low was my great grandfather and he is buried in Hammond, Il. I have found a family in Clark County, ky. that is a very close match to mine but no luck in verifying anything. I have hit a wall in my research. I hope we can help each other. Bill Lowe

MaryLee471 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2002 7:13PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2003 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Ballard, Flinchum, Blackwell, Clem, more...
My gggrandfather married a Polly Lowe in Jan 1, 1845 in Estill county, Ky. Do you have her on your list?

JIb3500 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 5:56PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2004 9:21PM GMT
Surnames: Lowe, Baber, Noland
According to information I have John Lowe was born in 1768 and died in 1835; his will is in Clark County, Kentucky. Am working on this line at present but have not yet ordered the will.

JIb3500 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 6:05PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2004 9:21PM GMT
Did your Polly marry Henry Ballard? If so I have her!

@@MMathena@accessus.net (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 6:46PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2002 3:08PM GMT
Surnames: Low/e, Baber, Owens, Vaughn, Garwood
Jane, this is my GGGG John Lowe as the dates match up and all. How are you related ? I see you have the Baber surname as I do. I believe I have a copy of John's will, but is hard to read. We went to Winchester, Ky. several years ago to the Courthouse and that is where I found it. Sure wish I could find where he is buried and all. In his Will it mentioned a Eleanor Cooper that he left some household goods too. Not sure who that is. Maybe his wife or second wife as it had Low after the Eleanor Cooper. Later....Margarete (Lowe) M.

JaneIBryant (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2002 5:26AM GMT
Margaret, John Lowe is my g-g-g-g also. I descend from John, to Daniel, to Frances. Am sorry to hear that the will is difficult to read. Does it list any of his children which of course is mainly what I am looking for? Will let you know if I ever find anything. Thanks, Jane

@@MMathena@accessus.net (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 12:44AM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2002 3:08PM GMT
Jane, I am going to scan the Will to you direct, and no I don't think it mentioned any of his children, but I believe I have all their names someplace and will send it at a later date if you wish. Good luck reading it. I have copyed over part of it to make it out better....Margaret (Lowe) M.

Margaret Mathena (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2006 2:38AM GMT
Jane, was wondering if you have found anymore info on the John Lowe family from Clark Co. Ky. ? I still have not found his burial spot. Margaret

k71742 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2011 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Lowe/Low; Baber
Margaret, I know you posted this entry some time ago but I hope you can help. I would very much like a copy of your John Lowe's will. From the names you have mentioned, he may be a brother of my ancestor Jacob Low/Lowe. There is a slight difference in the birthdate- you have John born 1765 and our John may be 1760-62. However, the connection with the Baber family is also in our records. I hope you can help. You may post the will here or email me directly k71742@aol.com Thank you. Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions